Miami fans

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Richt's teams never play us as aggressively as Clemson of late or VT in the past. He typically plays more of the sit back and play your assignment style D.

Not sure if that changes after he watched the game Thursday though.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Unless there are some changes, GT has no chance of beating Miami. Between the missed blocks, lackadaisical defense and poor playing on the field, we looked bad against Clemson. Miami won't be as nice as Dabo was. But, we'll see.

I don't agree at all with the "lackadaisical defense" comment, though this is another Watson-esque type QB that we typically don't match-up well against.
I do agree with something needs to change offensively, whether it's blocking, execution, scheme or whatever ...
The two things that might be in our favor is that Richt has always (or most always) had a talent advantage while at UGA and most games were closely competitive.
And Miami's DC has not coach vs. GT ... that could mean we get off to a fast start.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Both my brothers in law (we're married to 3 sisters) are U fans .... we. must. win. this. game. :rage:

WrexRacer

Georgia Tech Fan
I hope we run a little more off tackle, like we did against Clem on the one successful drive.

I don't know if Devine will start. He looked awful against CU. It may have been fatigue. We just don't have the depth on OL to play on a short week.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What Miami fans? They don't even halfway fill up Hard Rock Stadium most of the time. When it is filled up it's FSU or Clemson fans buying up the seats. Miami Hurricanes fans are strictly bandwagon riders.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hope he's right......."We're going to bring the noise to the Ga Dome"...... Leave it to the canes to not know where the game is played. What a Dumb a$$.

Wow, I'm not gong to watch that trash. But to say Miami fans are going to make a lot of noise a BDS when they have pitiful turnout in their own stadium is laughable. The only stadium more morgue-like is Fluke in the ACC.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I'll never understand this train of thought. As if CPJ tolerates losing to an extent but then all bets are off. The man wants to win ALL THE TIME. Like any other red-blooded American. Which is also equally silly as an argument against a willingness to tolerate losing.

Of course he wants to win. And works hard.

But at some point the bottom line has to be analyzed. I am not making the numbers up.

I also found it interesting on the Monday call in show, coach said very close WTTE, "all those guys doing well against us, we tried to recruit them. The 2 DL at Clemson, we tried to recruit them. But they have got to want to come as well."

Well, we need to give our coaches ALL the tools, ALL the facilities, ALL the $ they need. But in his statement coach is admitting our recruiting is not cutting it. Big part of his job.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Of course he wants to win. And works hard.

But at some point the bottom line has to be analyzed. I am not making the numbers up.

I also found it interesting on the Monday call in show, coach said very close WTTE, "all those guys doing well against us, we tried to recruit them. The 2 DL at Clemson, we tried to recruit them. But they have got to want to come as well."

Well, we need to give our coaches ALL the tools, ALL the facilities, ALL the $ they need. But in his statement coach is admitting our recruiting is not cutting it. Big part of his job.
I know I'm young compared to others on the board but big time recruits have never wanted to come to tech. That's not a CPJ thing.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
My memory is fuzzy, on purpose, but with 4min left in the game Watson through the ball over the top for a touchdown that was dropped. I don't thing Dabo let up.

He clearly let up on the last possession after we failed on fourth down, but I did not detect a letup prior to that.