Miami fans

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just because Watson was in, doesn't mean that Dabo didn't reel back the offense. My guess is, they played vanilla, to show nothing to Louisville. They didn't push the envelope with us. Watson stopped making unnecessary runs. I just don't drink the Roof Kool-Aid.
I would maybe agree with this if their offense had looked better the other games this season, but it hasn't.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
There is also a guy who travels to ALL the U games and dresses completely in a football uniform.
Head to toe.
I saw him in '14, he looked like a player who couldn't find his way to the locker room .
He will definitely stick out

Milwaukee

Banned
In their defense, they've owned PJ. Coupled with the fact that Richt has owned PJ, I think we would be over confident as well if the tides were turned.

This is a HUGE statement game for Paul. He wants to win them all, but I bet he's amped a little more than usual for this one.

I'm nervous as hell, but I think we can get them tomorrow in a close one. Richt is a great coach guys, he just wasn't able to get past the SEC monsters a la Saban, Meyer, etc.

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
I
Dah u fans around me not as bad as some prior years. Only mildly annoying this go round.
had three sitting behind me that barely said anything. They were clearly nervous the whole game. Met a guy on the way in that was very cordial and could whole a real conversation, not just the typical duh Uuuuu.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Dah u fans around me not as bad as some prior years. Only mildly annoying this go round.
I found the same thing with the ones around us. The only obnoxious one was a guy on the way down the stairs from the north end zone who dropped the f - bomb at least 20 times, and he was just carrying on a normal conversation .

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Bad experience with Duh U fan in my section. Dude was all about throwing their gang-sign every time they made a play and talking ****.

He was really proud of the player that had the double penalty in the 4th too. He thought that was a great play.

To his credit he did quiet down some during the drives we had.

The best was when we punted near the end, he was all about how Grant Field was Miami's house now and how they owned it. Then a Tech fan responded that Miami didn't even "own" their own house.

Ooops!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I was surrounded by U fans from my N stands season seat (was also surrounded by Mercer, Vanderbuilt, and Clemson fans). Only the U fans were obnoxious (although some were very friendly) but many were continually making remarks, not about the game, but rather aimed at GT fans. I will give them credit for showing up in numbers to support their team, or taking advantage of the opportunity to be obnoxious, whichever.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/10/8/13215590/miami-fans-trash-field

trash2.0.gif

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else remember a time where a Tech fan threw a souvenir cup on the field? I can't remember against who but I remember being so embarrassed because it was an ESPN game. Maybe North Carolina 2011? Not sure.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone else remember a time where a Tech fan threw a souvenir cup on the field? I can't remember against who but I remember being so embarrassed because it was an ESPN game. Maybe North Carolina 2011? Not sure.

I was at the Notre Dame game in 1978 that ND won 38-21 and in 1980 that ended in a 3-3 tie. Tech made national news in both games for throwing fish and whiskey bottles at the Notre Dame coaches and players. I researched and read that Tech fans had a long history of this when playing Notre Dame in the 60's and 70's. We should be mindful in throwing stones at other teams fans.

I was at the Notre Dame game in 1978 that ND won 38-21 and in 1980 that ended in a 3-3 tie. Tech made national news in both games for throwing fish and whiskey bottles at the Notre Dame coaches and players. I researched and read that Tech fans had a long history of this when playing Notre Dame in the 60's and 70's. We should be mindful in throwing stones at other teams fans.
In the 60s, the students, who then sat where the east stands club seats are now, threw fish at Ara Parshegian, but I don't remember anything other than fish.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
I was in the band at that ND game where the large glass bottle was thrown from the upper east with about a minute left in the game. Went just about right over my head as the band used to sit lower east at about the 40. Scary stuff and totally out of line. The ND players didn't take their helmets off the whole game on the sideline because they expected us to throw the frozen fish sticks. The ND team left the sideline and went onto the field after the bottle flew over their heads onto the field.