Mercer Postgame

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I thought the OL played better. Not sure why we had problems on defense with the screen pass. Defense was ok on the run. Anyone hear what is wrong with JT? Parker is going to be a good one. Qua is good.
Anyone see who got the hand on their FG?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Jet was fine we just got reps for more guys on o.

MJ looks serviceable but has some fat left to trim while getting him ready for prime time. TM looks like I'd expect for a high potential low rep kid.

All in all we got another win and looked better on offensive line play, perimeter blocking and reads. Still plenty to work on for next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
All teams seem to be working the kinks out over the first several weeks. The goal is to survive and get better. The teams that do this will be in the championship games at their end of the season.

We are imperfect like everyone else.

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
Vandy putting up big numbers against Middle Tenn St. It's 33-14 Vandy on SECN-A... It's going to be hard to stop their run with our defense.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Admittedly I am healthily into my second post game victory old fashioned, but I think this game was better than the score (or my eyes) led me to believe at first blush..

Like CPJ said post game - we put up over 300+ rushing yards and like the press, we don't get to throw shade at the game plan/execution.

The fumbles sucked. We all agree, but I think this was demonstrably better than last week, opposition not withstanding, and we are trending up.

That said I need someone smarter than me to breakdown our d and make me feel better because my uneducated view was that we are in for a bumpy ride stopping P5 Teams.

slugboy

Staff member
Admittedly I am healthily into my second post game victory old fashioned,..

That said I need someone smarter than me to breakdown our d and make me feel better because my uneducated view was that we are in for a bumpy ride stopping P5 Teams.

1. Love a good old-fashioned. Excellent.
  2. @Ibeeballin didn't do a breakdown, but did make a comment or two in the "Our Defense is Awful" thread. I didn't read it as optimistic. He also did the film breakdown last week. As far as I saw, our defense was pretty much the same this week as last. I like some of the players, but opposing coaches keep finding something and riding it--first the tight end crossing pattern, then the WR screens. Looks like we finally got those taken care of, but still gave up way more yards than we should have. Mercer shouldn't have crossed mid field nearly nearly as often as they did.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
At ga hotel and nearby restraunts.
Beer 5$/ pitches at barrel house hardly anyone there _ gt is slipping.

klock - looking positive ( tape, ice , time).
Curry - definitely a player. So proud to be congratuled by coach roof for reading play and filling and selling out to hit.
By way Woods is presently the size of ND PLAYERS . He and philpott are worth the wait.

After sitting 6 rows up nehind sideline defensive huddle I getting confidence in defense. They could use x o type.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If our defense plays the rest of the games like they did today, we'll be in a track meet to win games. Mercer, yes, Mercer, was essentially moving the ball at-will. I was not impresssed by our pass-rush, tackling, or pass-defense. YAC was crazy. This was a FCS team we were playing today. YIKES!!!!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
At ga hotel and nearby restraunts.
Beer 5$/ pitches at barrel house hardly anyone there _ gt is slipping.
Can someone translate lol
klock - looking positive ( tape, ice , time).
Curry - definitely a player. So proud to be congratuled by coach roof for reading play and filling and selling out to hit.
By way Woods is presently the size of ND PLAYERS . He and philpott are worth the wait.

After sitting 6 rows up nehind sideline defensive huddle I getting confidence in defense. They could use x o type.

Translation