Mercer Bears

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
To be fair to CDH (and I have clearly lost patience with him this season), it is hard to put a kid out there who is struggling when you are doing your best to stop a long losing streak and try to rebuild a little confidence in a team that is clearly on the verge of losing it (if it hasn't already). I would put guys like King and Hughes into games where we're behind 8-1, but not last night's game. And I think it's more important to try to get Hughes going than King, since Hughes will have another year with us...
I agree completely.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope CDH puts Hughes on the mound as a reliever some time soon to see if he can turn it around. I hate seeing talented arms in the doghouse and not getting a chance---I'm not saying to just leave him out there if he's struggling, but a kid has to get some mound time in a game assuming he's working hard in practice and not looking too bad. It's a very mental game...

I agree with giving Hughes another chance if his bullpen work warrants it, but only then. I'd hope a four pitch walk or HBP to the first batter would get him pulled like Hall did to someone else the other day. Same situation for Gooden. I hope that when English comes back we don't see the same thing.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I agree with giving Hughes another chance if his bullpen work warrants it, but only then. I'd hope a four pitch walk or HBP to the first batter would get him pulled like Hall did to someone else the other day. Same situation for Gooden. I hope that when English comes back we don't see the same thing.
I kind of hope that Hall just uses English as closer next year if he is fully recovered.