Memphis Tigers Disbelief

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It's interesting to read the comments on their forum. I think they have blamed just about everyone in the program for the team not getting back to the Sweet Sixteen this year.

Wait! No one blamed Barack Obama!

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I doubt they end up at GT but I also get the feeling that they aren't going to end up following dad. My hunch is that dad goes back to a highschool somewhere and the brothers transfer somewhere else. Like I said, nothing concrete. Just a hunch.

maybe the old man learned a lesson too and will leave them alone. no sense in derailing the nba gravy train by being a total *** if thats the problem????

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
@dtm1997 my head is spinning listening to that podcast you posted yesterday. I lol'd at the story they told about the team bus accidentally leaving the Lawson dad at the hotel after a game. They straight up left him at the hotel. :ROFLMAO:

Man, there's so much wrong with this situation. Their overall theme is that you do whatever you can to keep the dad happy so you can get his kids since "they can help you win". Uh, they weren't winnin' a whole lot with 'em so ...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
@dtm1997 my head is spinning listening to that podcast you posted yesterday. I lol'd at the story they told about the team bus accidentally leaving the Lawson dad at the hotel after a game. They straight up left him at the hotel. :ROFLMAO:

Man, there's so much wrong with this situation. Their overall theme is that you do whatever you can to keep the dad happy so you can get his kids since "they can help you win". Uh, they weren't winnin' a whole lot with 'em so ...

Pretty sure that happen to lane Kiffin at Alabama two or three times this year too

Deleted member 2897

Some of those comments are hilarious. The picture of Josh Pastner smiling, another from someone saying, "Can we just cancel next season? Asking for a friend."

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
i wish i could find it. there is a thread on their board where it talks about how they made the mistake of giving CJP a coach friendly contract after two years instead of find a proven, veteran head coach.

Well, they got one...........and now they want him fired too. Penny Hardaway is going to be leading that program in less than 2 years.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Crawford transfers as expected. That leaves 2 players from the current roster left. Last player out, please turn off the lights.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Shots. Fired? Oh man, where's the Tigers posters that littered the site a year ago? Oh I know, they're all roasting marshmallows around their downtown Memphis dumpster fire.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wasn't all of memphis transferring out last year too? Wasn't that the key thing to be wary of with the Pastner hire?

No, not quite the same. Over the course of his tenure, CPast lost multiple Memphis kids. Last year, he lost a guy in the Nichols kid who was *allegedly* bad news *allegedly* but, since he was a MEM kid, all the MEM fans were all up in arms.

Then the kid from here (name escapes me) came out with those quotes that sounded like he was disgruntled but he was a SR, former 5-star probably upset that he didn't progress. In reality, he probably should've played football, not basketball but that's a whole other discussion.

This year, Tubby lost 6 guys to transfer. From 1 roster! That's unprecedented.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Shaq Goodwin
No, not quite the same. Over the course of his tenure, CPast lost multiple Memphis kids. Last year, he lost a guy in the Nichols kid who was *allegedly* bad news *allegedly* but, since he was a MEM kid, all the MEM fans were all up in arms.

Then the kid from here (name escapes me) came out with those quotes that sounded like he was disgruntled but he was a SR, former 5-star probably upset that he didn't progress. In reality, he probably should've played football, not basketball but that's a whole other discussion.

This year, Tubby lost 6 guys to transfer. From 1 roster! That's unprecedented.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Shaq Goodwin
Coming out of high school Shaq thought he would be a lottery pick after one season. Clearly that never happened - even after four seasons - and he was last seen trying to catch on with a team Germany. Just another reason to stick around and get your diploma. Of course, this time last year we learned Shaq's shortcomings were the fault of CJP.