Meeting With GT Staff Soon. Need Your Input

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Yep. I was wrong. It's a school policy: no alcohol sales on campus, unless the President approves it beforehand. Here's the link:

http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/campus-alcohol-policy

So the school would have to amend the policy or the GTAA would have to jump through all the hoops before each home game. And I'm pretty sure there's an unspoken policy here too: no beer sales at Grant Field as long as there are no beer sales at Sanford Stadium. Since they have enough trouble over there with drunks already, I doubt we'll see any changes soon.

But, hey, Atlanta United did it, maybe the GTAA can. It's more possible then I thought it was. I'd drink some, even if it was some kind of flat, semi-warm light beer. Which, btw, is what I'm sure it would be.

I suspect TStan will make it happen somehow if he really wants to. But I dunno if he does.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Yep. I was wrong. It's a school policy: no alcohol sales on campus, unless the President approves it beforehand. Here's the link:

http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/campus-alcohol-policy

So the school would have to amend the policy or the GTAA would have to jump through all the hoops before each home game. And I'm pretty sure there's an unspoken policy here too: no beer sales at Grant Field as long as there are no beer sales at Sanford Stadium. Since they have enough trouble over there with drunks already, I doubt we'll see any changes soon.

But, hey, Atlanta United did it, maybe the GTAA can. It's more possible then I thought it was. I'd drink some, even if it was some kind of flat, semi-warm light beer. Which, btw, is what I'm sure it would be.
It's not going to happen this year, Peterson's policy against all alcohol on campus. I was told it could happen in 2020 when Peterson long gone. Lot will depend on new pres I think.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, that is what I meant.

I enjoyed the days of the black watch. Fans got into it. I recall a play where Cleve Pounds made a hit you could hear in the East Upper Deck.

I would love to see Tech become know as a defensive powerhouse with or without the black watch gimmick. Hopefully with a defensive minded head coach we will see improvements.

Maybe have the defensive backs turn and look for the ball (sorry for my sarcasm)
As much of everything else we seem to be doing is "effort based," it would be awesome if we could do this during games. Earn your stripes or black GT for a big hit, big play or turnover, etc. And instantly get them put on before the next series. Start fresh every game.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Sounds like a great idea.

I was around for the Black Watch. The defense won games. I think Roof contributed to a win over Ugag on a bad wheel. Was a glorious site watching Roof making play after play to end the game.

Deleted member 2897

I agree. I have spoken to Peterson a couple of times and left feeling like I just talked to a used car salesman.

At the social the night before a bowl game once, he was working the crowd and my wife and I ended up speaking to him for a minute. We both went to Tech. He asked if our kids are going to go too, and we said in a smiling and joking manner essentially “depends on the scholarships amirite!?” - he just turned and walked away. We all looked at each other like “did that just happen?” It was so anti-social and bizarre.

herb

Helluva Engineer
At the social the night before a bowl game once, he was working the crowd and my wife and I ended up speaking to him for a minute. We both went to Tech. He asked if our kids are going to go too, and we said in a smiling and joking manner essentially “depends on the scholarships amirite!?” - he just turned and walked away. We all looked at each other like “did that just happen?” It was so anti-social and bizarre.

He’s a wanker and long past time to go. Good riddance

Animal02

Banned
TO be a "little" fair......a primary mission of a college President / chancellor is attracting donors. He likely sized you up, right or wrong and not worth further effort and it was time to find the next "mark" I have met several from different schools over the years......they all seem to be the same......an academic version of a politician.

Bit as others have said......good riddance.

Deleted member 2897

TO be a "little" fair......a primary mission of a college President / chancellor is attracting donors. He likely sized you up, right or wrong and not worth further effort and it was time to find the next "mark" I have met several from different schools over the years......they all seem to be the same......an academic version of a politician.

Bit as others have said......good riddance.

Yup. But even then, a normal person would have laughed or something as they moved on.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
That explains how we ended up with Bobov as our AD.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk