Meeting With GT Staff Soon. Need Your Input

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I've always gotten into the stadium because I enjoy watching the warm ups. I don't drink beer, and would not like sitting next to a drunk.

I drive to the games, so I wouldn't be drinking, either, not one beer. But I think it would be nice if perambulatory fans could enjoy, and very few of them will be actually drunk. You have to be a dedicated devotee of the hops to get seriously inebriated with beer. Most of your drunks will already be over the hump before they get to the game on serious booze, and most of the suds drinkers will just be a little more animated.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
my suggestions would be.....

1,. add honey comb to the end zones.
2. keep the entrance to the car the same but change the way the players SWARM the car. we are yellow jackets. we should be SWARMING from out of the ground. id build a short underground tunnel. one end out of site,. branch it into two and have the -players SWARM out from the tunnel on either side of the model like they were protecting it.

the dwags have their bush, (now that sound funny heh ... dwag bush.. i knew a girl... ) clemson has their rock. we need an underground hive

3. how about one size fits all plastic ponchos. with a hood. gt old gold in color or blue or white with hood. come with a inexpensive carrying case. give 1 or 2 or 3 of each color to each ticket holders. gt emblem. sell them at the book store. sell them outside the stadium. sell them at the concession stands. students get the super cheap with an id.

i contacted dr before he left and he had interest. when i checked online you could get them for less than a buck a piece. order 50,000 in 3 colors. i want us to look like penn state. ive not seen a better 'white' out than the one they do, we should be doing the same thing,.

WE ARE SPECIAL i am also a tosu alum. AND as much as i love the bucks.... i recognize that gt is SPECIAL.

5. we should have a local group of gt fans who help with recruiting. not interacting with recruits but rather making copies etc. doing the grunt work that you DO NOT WANT YOUR STAFF DOING.

the recruiting staff should be evaluating not gathering data. we have a bzzzz razillion nerds available who would prob love to help gather data and organize for the staff. the big boys have as many as 30+ folks helping with recuriting.

Last edited:
my suggestions would be.....

1,. add honey comb to the end zones.
2. keep the entrance to the car the same but change the way the players SWARM the car. we are yellow jackets. we should be SWARMING from out of the ground. id build a short underground tunnel. one end out of site,. branch it into two and have the -players SWARM out from the tunnel on either side of the model like they were protecting it.

the dwags have their bush, (now that sound funny heh ... dwag bush.. i knew a girl... ) clemson has their rock. we need an underground hive

3. how about one size fits all plastic ponchos. with a hood. gt old gold in color or blue or white with hood. come with a inexpensive carrying case. give 1 or 2 or 3 of each color to each ticket holders. gt emblem. sell them at the book store. sell them outside the stadium. sell them at the concession stands. students get the super cheap with an id.

i contacted dr before he left and he had interest. when i checked online you could get them for less than a buck a piece. order 50,000 in 3 colors. i want us to look like penn state. ive not seen a better 'white' out than the one they do, we should be doing the same thing,.

WE ARE SPECIAL i am also a tosu alum. AND as much as i love the bucks.... i recognize that gt is SPECIAL.

5. we should have a local group of gt fans who help with recruiting. not interacting with recruits but rather making copies etc. doing the grunt work that you DO NOT WANT YOUR STAFF DOING.

the recruiting staff should be evaluating not gathering data. we have a bzzzz razillion nerds available who would prob love to help gather data and organize for the staff. the big boys have as many as 30+ folks helping with recuriting.
Big no to any use of the honeycomb design.
Gold ponchos, by all means. No blue ones.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Please direct them to the petition crut is developing. This validates your point of the swarm wanting to providing input. And shows there has been previous input.

I will only add that I know several folks have asked CGC to bring back the black watch. Personally, I would love to see that or another variation brought back to promote defense. I think CGC might be persuaded to do something more than a turnover gimmick. That has gotten trite as it has been used by so many teams. But a uniform change like the black watch might be something that motivates.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Please direct them to the petition crut is developing. This validates your point of the swarm wanting to providing input. And shows there has been previous input.

I will only add that I know several folks have asked CGC to bring back the black watch. Personally, I would love to see that or another variation brought back to promote defense. I think CGC might be persuaded to do something more than a turnover gimmick. That has gotten trite as it has been used by so many teams. But a uniform change like the black watch might be something that motivates.
Uniform differences are no longer allowed.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
..."uniform differences"...isn't that an oxymoron?
exactly. I live in Jacksonville, home of the Jumbo Shrimp.

images.ashx

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yep. I was wrong. It's a school policy: no alcohol sales on campus, unless the President approves it beforehand. Here's the link:

http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/campus-alcohol-policy

So the school would have to amend the policy or the GTAA would have to jump through all the hoops before each home game. And I'm pretty sure there's an unspoken policy here too: no beer sales at Grant Field as long as there are no beer sales at Sanford Stadium. Since they have enough trouble over there with drunks already, I doubt we'll see any changes soon.

But, hey, Atlanta United did it, maybe the GTAA can. It's more possible then I thought it was. I'd drink some, even if it was some kind of flat, semi-warm light beer. Which, btw, is what I'm sure it would be.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Based on the "buckeye" stickers on OSU helmets, there must not be.

Yes, that is what I meant.

I enjoyed the days of the black watch. Fans got into it. I recall a play where Cleve Pounds made a hit you could hear in the East Upper Deck.

I would love to see Tech become know as a defensive powerhouse with or without the black watch gimmick. Hopefully with a defensive minded head coach we will see improvements.

Maybe have the defensive backs turn and look for the ball (sorry for my sarcasm)