Meeting With GT Staff Soon. Need Your Input

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I was able to watch practice today and meet Coach Collins. I told him I’m part of GTSwarm and we want to help.

Do you guys have any recommendations on how we can help the program? I told him and some staff members that together as a group we have people, money and other resources. I will be meeting to gather direction from the staff members but it would be nice to come to the table with ideas and recommendations too.
How about just a sub forum to post these people, money, ideas, and resources and then let morpheus handle sorting through them. That should be part of his job imo. Hopefully he or some staff member are all already monitoring the 3 main message boards. If not, I don't know why.

ramble_on92

Georgia Tech Fan
To be clear, the idea listed "New Cheers at Football and Basketball Games" does not replace any existing cheers. I agree with the idea because I think there are many times during games when it is too quiet, and there is a lot of opportunity for GT to be innovative/creative in the stadium as fans (goes with the GT brand). This also applies to basketball games. Some increased leadership/structure could make for a more rowdy/hostile home enviornment as well as a more engaging and entertaining experience for fans. You're consistently fighting a battle to make coming to games more rewarding for fans than watching at home. The world now has an over-abundance of stimuli, so if you want to do well in that competition you're going to need to make sure the experience is highly engaging.

As for the vuvuzelas... I get that rationale - "vuvuzelas are a soccer thing, let's leave it there." If it's not the right move to give those to the Swarm section, than finding another way to get that cheer (buzzing on kickoffs like yellow jackets) to spread is ay ok. But maybe they hold 1 game that they specifically try to recruit ATL United fans, and they do it during that game, and then work with student organizations to keep the cheer going in the future without the vuvuzelas.

We're overthinking this. Just play good football and sidewalk fans will show up. Only thing they need to do is bring back something like the Roscoe Dash "Turnt Up" phase we had in '08-09(?). Bobby Dodd was rockin when that came on, both fans and players. You're not going to get similar results with vuvuzelas or drum beat soccer chants that half your fanbase wont be willing to learn. Just playing modern music/rap will get students, young alumni, and players pumped.

Noon games are just a loss, everyone hates noon games and they will always suck for everyone involved.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I was able to watch practice today and meet Coach Collins. I told him I’m part of GTSwarm and we want to help.

Do you guys have any recommendations on how we can help the program? I told him and some staff members that together as a group we have people, money and other resources. I will be meeting to gather direction from the staff members but it would be nice to come to the table with ideas and recommendations too.

I for one think season ticket holder involvement with the team and program should increase. If anyone is to donate it would be a season ticket holder. Give me more incentive. Maybe 3 practices to attend. Autograph signings with GT legends on a season ticket holder event. (Not based on years you have donated or consecutive years of season tix) just flat out you have these awesome benefits as a season ticket holder. Get Keith brooking, Calvin, and other super star tech guys agree to do a signing for STHs. Have a STH day at Bobby Dodd where you can come out and play games, that or football centered. Even just come out and toss the pigskin around on Grant field. There needs to be more STH benefits directly centered on the sport and the program. Not food discounts and merchandise discounts

WearGoldToGameDays

Georgia Tech Fan
I for one think season ticket holder involvement with the team and program should increase. If anyone is to donate it would be a season ticket holder. Give me more incentive. Maybe 3 practices to attend. Autograph signings with GT legends on a season ticket holder event. (Not based on years you have donated or consecutive years of season tix) just flat out you have these awesome benefits as a season ticket holder. Get Keith brooking, Calvin, and other super star tech guys agree to do a signing for STHs. Have a STH day at Bobby Dodd where you can come out and play games, that or football centered. Even just come out and toss the pigskin around on Grant field. There needs to be more STH benefits directly centered on the sport and the program. Not food discounts and merchandise discounts

Good news! Coach Collins is inviting us to practice on April 6th! Hope to see you there.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ask if we should volunteer at large local hs to help the football coach. (Ps they are doing way more than teaching a game.)

Provide logistic support when the Gt recruiter is in area.

6070.jpeg

Just don't do things like that an hour before kickoff and inside the stadium. That ruins tailgating. That's what they did with the Calvin bobbleheads, and it was a lost cause for most fans.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Just don't do things like that an hour before kickoff and inside the stadium. That ruins tailgating. That's what they did with the Calvin bobbleheads, and it was a lost cause for most fans.

Exactly. These things should be done in the offseason to keep interest on the program. Football needs to be a year round interest at GT. This is partially how you make it happen

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I guarantee you that beer sales would enliven BDS! It is a no brainer. But I have been told it ain't gonna happen this year, MAYBE in 2020 after Peterson leaves. We need to push it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Tell him that the swarm members will be at Spring game and would love a post game "cgc point" picture. We want to be on @coach Collins twitter.
Beg pardon, but I wouldn't get on Twitter to follow the Savior, much less Tech football. The place used to be sorta useful, but it has descended into a troll-dominated Hell that does nothing much for anybody or anything.

Now, donating money is a different story.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Beg pardon, but I wouldn't get on Twitter to follow the Savior, much less Tech football. The place used to be sorta useful, but it has descended into a troll-dominated Hell that does nothing much for anybody or anything.

Now, donating money is a different story.

I am a twitter follower of gt football and coach Collins ( I NEVER GO ANYWHERE WHERE ELSE.) & I see a lot of gt content on them. I admit I started following Brad Morgan since I know the family, but I quit because it felt weird to be looking at what a 20 year old was posting. Hope this doesn't condemn me to hell. lol

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
I guarantee you that beer sales would enliven BDS! It is a no brainer. But I have been told it ain't gonna happen this year, MAYBE in 2020 after Peterson leaves. We need to push it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
People can argue this point til they're blue in the face, but you hit the nail on the head. This is the one thing that will absolutely get people in the stadium earlier.