Article MBB GT vs. Va. Tech 1/27/2024

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Time to get it together and go get a W.
Tech has won twice in 13 tries in Blacksburg, Virginia, in 2021 and 2013. Kinda like Littlejohn for us...

"... Kowacie Reeves may have said it best Tuesday after the Yellow Jackets lost at home to Pittsburgh.

“I think it’s gonna take collectively, day-by-day process and belief,” he said when asked what it will take for Tech to get the season turned around for good. “I feel like we can’t waver right now because if we waver – I’ve been on teams that’s been in this kind of place before, and it can kind of go either way, depending on the mindset of each individual. You have to really rally together and really mean it collectively as players."

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals is what the VT coach is about.
He is really focused on having a group of guys who can all shoot from the 3 point line with a big that can score inside. They are tough to defend when they are hot shooting. Pedullia and Cattoor can shoot an opponent out of a game in a hurry. Defense will be key to winning this game!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Who gives a ****? I'll keep watching for some dumb reason but better luck next year. UNC by 43 on Tuesday!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
The offense in the 1st half was putrid. Just a bunch of standing around watching one guy trying to drive to the basket 1v1. The other 4 defenders usually didn’t even react and our other 4 guys mostly just stood nailed to the floor.

VT on the other hand set lots of screens off the ball to get guys open.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
The offense in the 1st half was putrid. Just a bunch of standing around watching one guy trying to drive to the basket 1v1. The other 4 defenders usually didn’t even react and our other 4 guys mostly just stood nailed to the floor.

VT on the other hand set lots of screens off the ball to get guys open.
The second half our offense showed for about 12 minutes what it is intended to be. Of course the defense was bad all game and 12 minutes of good offense won't win a lot of games.

Watching other college basketball games that are non ACC games we really do need a lot more high level talent.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Good news is, we really limited our number of turnovers. Bad news is we couldn't shoot straight.

Meanwhile, VT shot 55% from the floor and had 23 assists on 32 baskets.

1000003951.png

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
VT was clearly the better team today! UNC is a far better team than VT. Davis and Bacott will get any shot they want on Saturday. Could be really ugly!