Mark Price Assistant Coach?

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Lol. I would LOVE to be average shooting-wise.
Then I hope you are enjoying this season...we are average. Our shooting, record, attendance, almost everything. You don't see people saying "Wow! Georgia Tech shoots the lights out of the ball." You also don't hear "Georgia Tech can't make anything." The thing that seperates us is our turnovers and blown defensive assignments. When we actually get a shot off, good things tend to happen.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Then I hope you are enjoying this season...we are average. Our shooting, record, attendance, almost everything. You don't see people saying "Wow! Georgia Tech shoots the lights out of the ball." You also don't hear "Georgia Tech can't make anything." The thing that seperates us is our turnovers and blown defensive assignments. When we actually get a shot off, good things tend to happen.
294/351 3PT%
244/351 FG%

This is below average.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Actually, those are both below the median. They could be at, above or below the average. ;)
hkqyk.jpg

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
did jarrett get his degree?

Yes he did.in 2014. Great article on it and what he had to do to get it done
http://www.myajc.com/sports/college/newsmedleystory2736101/F7ebvKTrITNggDb2H1PN3L/

If he wanted to coach in college I hope GT would be first in line. DTM may be right about NBA and he may not want to coach at all, but if he does i'm making a call.

I do think some of the creative thinking in this thread is interesting. Of course it all comes back down to what do individuals want to do in their lives and what is important to them as being an asst coach is not easy. But say Rio was interested in being an asst, you could potentially move him there and then you would have an open slot for someone in another non asst coach position (Rio is currently director of player personnel).

All the staff does help in practices. Back when Price was an asst under Cremins the rules were 2 assts and the HC could go out recruiting. it's now all the assts and the HC. i believe Price was the non recruiting asst when he was here. But obviously the potential would exist to move someone into an asst role - heck they could make Swartz's move permanent and then have Price in a non-asst role. Not really what i expect to happen but an interesting thought.

I know Rio talks to kids when they are on campus. His primary role with the team is helping the SA's around campus and he is also in charge of outreach to former players.

I'll also add that after watching the Lettermen's game last year, Rio can still play a little.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ummmm great shooters? You know Fletcher Magee wasn't on our team?

Jose and Okogie shoot it alright, CGB and Devoe look like they could be our top shooters and Sjolund/ Evan have potential to knock em down too. I don't see "great". Great is Klay Thompson, Steph, Korver, etc. We are average shooting wise and Price could only help. Unless you were tic then nevermind, carry on.
I need to use the tic emoji more often. Is this it?? :p

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
A friend in St Louis sent me a message saying we should look in DIII for a shooting coach. Here are two links of the 164-154 game he referenced.

One is the box score of a game between Fontbonne University and Greenville University:

http://athletics.greenville.edu/sports/mbkb/2017-18/boxscores/20180131_vdv4.xml?view=boxscore

The other is a video of the game (it ain't pretty):

https://collegetvticket.com/player/8820

BTW, this is the most points ever scored in a NCAA game.
nah this one is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Troy_State_vs._DeVry_men's_basketball_game

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Lmao. Not happening. Mark doesn’t want to recruit, he’s not gonna put in the time that Josh will demand. Plus, that’s a terrible situation for Josh- the minute he starts struggling in another year or two people will start calling for Mark to take over. No way he puts himself in that position.
Wouldn't it be worse if Price goes somewhere else such as an Oklahoma as an assistant. Hypothetically they do relatively well there Pastner falls off here wouldn't he have a SIGNIFICANTLY higher chance of getting the job. when is the last time you heard an assistant promoted from a fired coach in college basketball?