AB - T Marshall
T - W Bryan

Defense:
LB - Brent Mitchell
LB - Vic Alexander
S - AJ Grey

Future looks good

Add at ab

Qua, Cottrell come of injury' uga transfer? Becomes elidgible , willis, possibly jordan == log jam.
Perhaps speedy ones to wr ?
If we finish strong Not likely we will change from base to use this talent until it matures. Of course if we limp in to end of year then start slow, chanfe may be obvious.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There is a ton of skill position potential in this young group. I look back to what I was when I was a Frosh (not that talented) and realize just how much I grew, in every way, by the time I left the program. We have to remember these guys are just kids. I was in no way ready to compete at the college level as a 18 year old, and consequently I didn't see the field, hardly ever. Had TECH been forced to play guys like me when I was in my first year, there is no telling how bad we would have been. Many of these kids, who are struggling to win right now, are going to be IMPACT players in a couple years, maybe next year.

To step outside the skill guys as well, IMHO Will Bryan will be the best OT we have had in a long time, by the time he leaves here. Mitchell at LB is a true FB player and Gray in the secondary is for real too. We have some good players joining the program, we just have to look past the current record to appreciate what is happening.

Declinometer

Banned
There is a ton of skill position potential in this young group. I look back to what I was when I was a Frosh (not that talented) and realize just how much I grew, in every way, by the time I left the program. We have to remember these guys are just kids. I was in no way ready to compete at the college level as a 18 year old, and consequently I didn't see the field, hardly ever. Had TECH been forced to play guys like me when I was in my first year, there is no telling how bad we would have been. Many of these kids, who are struggling to win right now, are going to be IMPACT players in a couple years, maybe next year.

To step outside the skill guys as well, IMHO Will Bryan will be the best OT we have had in a long time, by the time he leaves here. Mitchell at LB is a true FB player and Gray in the secondary is for real too. We have some good players joining the program, we just have to look past the current record to appreciate what is happening.

Strange, no mention in the entire thread about the freshman who has taken the most snaps and has performed the best. Brad Stewart has blocked his butt off and caught everything thrown his way. No drops. Can't say I didn't see this coming going way back.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer

This what I was referring to in another thread. We are blooding a lot of young guys with serious talent. Granted, it's not by choice, but it's what's going on. We may pay for it in wins this year, but the experience some of these guys are seeing will pay itself in more wins later.

I think the next few years we'll see all the young talent being played early pay off for the program. It's unfortunate for this season, but things like this are part of the game. Doesn't make it any easier to swallow as a fan, but hey...it is what it is...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In case u missed it, while waiting for team walk up I noticed I was near will bryans family. His dad was interesting to watch as he kept looking for his son who was near the end. Kid came over and mom got a big hug first and then dad . Here is pic. Notice how he breaks out of blatent mom hold and heads for dad. Last pic had mom cut out.
During game showed he sees the future and is agile. He and Sham did well together. .

We should all remember to respect even the players being replaced. We couldnt hold their u know what

Attachments

• phplDGJSJPM.jpg
    phplDGJSJPM.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 90

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
A couple of snaps the backfield was:
AB - Lands-Davis
BB- M Marshall
AB - T Marshall
T - W Bryan

Defense:
LB - Brent Mitchell
LB - Vic Alexander
S - AJ Grey

Future looks good

Don't forget BStewart was out there too before getting hurt. Granted he's not "in the backfield"

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We've got alot of young players I'm excited about. Brant, Vic, AJ on D will be suprisingly good in a short ammt of time. Will Bryan is head n shoulders above anybody else on offense IMO... That kid is going to be special for sure. I also like to keep an eye on Ricky Jeune, MM, and MLD. These guys will be seeing ALOT of snaps next year and the rest of this year. I hate that the season has gone the way it has so far... But it's going to pay huge dividends in JTs senior year. Night and Day differences if you ask me.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's a shame Christian Philpott got hurt during fall camp. Got a lot of good reviews from the players and coaches before he got hurt.

I think he will end up being the best offensive player from his class. His speed and size is definitely needed on the outside to stretch the field vertically.

Declinometer

Banned
It's a shame Christian Philpott got hurt during fall camp. Got a lot of good reviews from the players and coaches before he got hurt.

I think he will end up being the best offensive player from his class. His speed and size is definitely needed on the outside to stretch the field vertically.
If he can block, if not....

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
CPJ made comment on call in that he was injured.
No stats last week... Don't recall seeing him on field, although he may have been. Could not find anything in the media about injury. Assuming that he got dinged and may be limited.

mj claz

Jolly Good Fellow

I have been thinking the same thing too. He and Marcus Marshall were the guys I was most excited to see going into this season. I've been hearing reports that he already looks big too. Very excited to see what he can do next year.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I was sitting 3rd row behind the bench and both Howell and Philpot looked very big and athletic. Definitely pass the eye test. As a matter of fact a lot of our players do, which, to me, is a significant change.

GTFLETCH

Banned
A couple of snaps the backfield was:
AB - Lands-Davis
BB- M Marshall
AB - T Marshall
T - W Bryan

Defense:
LB - Brent Mitchell
LB - Vic Alexander
S - AJ Grey

Future looks good

Agree... I just hope this season doesn't hurt the 2016 recruiting class.... We have 9 and need 20.... Hopefully we can get there