Marco Coleman to Sparty?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Marco is a class gentleman. He is also a coach that must look out for his own career. I expect he is gone, although this is one time I wish the AD would step in and let him know he will be retained no matter what happens, so at least he has something to think about. I appreciate his willingness to come back to GT. Mich. St. showed in the offseason they plan to compete at a high level with the $$ they are spending.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Marco is a class gentleman. He is also a coach that must look out for his own career. I expect he is gone, although this is one time I wish the AD would step in and let him know he will be retained no matter what happens, so at least he has something to think about. I appreciate his willingness to come back to GT. Mich. St. showed in the offseason they plan to compete at a high level with the $$ they are spending.
Marco did a good job getting us to first base at dl. He and Choice are great recruiters and position coaches.
On short notice Cgc did a good job getting them here.

He gave them a better job than they had to come in at ground floor of a rebuild.

Both did great and have earned a chance to be with a serious football program that is commited to winning now.

Hope they do great and come back when we are serious about winning .

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Marco did a good job getting us to first base at dl. He and Choice are great recruiters and position coaches.
On short notice Cgc did a good job getting them here.

He gave them a better job than they had to come in at ground floor of a rebuild.

Both did great and have earned a chance to be with a serious football program that is commited to winning now.

Hope they do great and come back when we are serious about winning .
This isn't the case with Marco. NFL coach> P5 coach.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This isn't the case with Marco. NFL coach> P5 coach.
Sorry to bring specifics for u to check
The guy was a high school dc for 1 year .
Spent 1 years as "ASSISTANT " defensive line coach at the NFL team where he was all pro for years.

Choice was in 1 st year as rb coach at North Texas

.Either way Good hires by cgc

Imo, we should not hire some non power 5 old guy to replace him . Need a real good hire.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry to bring specifics for u to check
The guy was a high school dc for 1 year .
Spent 1 years as "ASSISTANT " defensive line coach at the NFL team where he was all pro for years.

Choice was in 1 st year as rb coach at North Texas

.Either way Good hires by cgc

Imo, we should not hire some non power 5 old guy to replace him . Need a real good hire.
I never said he was a head coach. An NFL assistant coach is still better than a P5 assistant coach. Marco never played for the Raiders.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I never said he was a head coach. An NFL assistant coach is still better than a P5 assistant coach.
That used to be the case. Now P5 assistant regularly make more than nfl assistants. College football teams are literally paying coaching staffs significantly more than NFL teams, which is a big reason you see the same teams win over and over again in college.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
That used to be the case. Now P5 assistant regularly make more than nfl assistants. College football teams are literally paying coaching staffs significantly more than NFL teams, which is a big reason you see the same teams win over and over again in college.
Not at Tech. Godsey is a position coach and making 7 figures with the Dolphins. If you wish to compare the very top of P5 to the very top of NFL, show me.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Agreed, but I thought we were in panic mode at the end of the season. TStan did not think so, so here we are.
Now, he did rearrange the deck chairs.

But I can see why he felt like he didn't have much choice. He might go down with the ship.