Marco Coleman to Sparty?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
When the guys who have bled for the program are starting to jump ship it’s time to hit the panic button.
I don’t necessarily think that’s true at all. There are probably hundreds coaches in the ranks today that had a job at their alma mater and left for a new or better opportunity. I mean, Kirby had 2 different stints with Georgia as an assistant that he left for other jobs before getting back.

If you want to move up in the coaching world you can’t stay stagnant. Not even in a premier program, which Tech is obviously not atm. Coleman and Choice are just new to the coaching world and moving up the ladder. If Tech went to the Orange Bowl last year and USC, Texas, or Michigan State came calling for either of them they probably go.

Coaches get poached at every level, from every team. It generally means you’re hiring the right guys. Let’s hope we make another good hire.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
If true, a good move for him. unfortunately with what our program currently is, its a step up. Can't fault a man for taking a step forward in his career.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
If the move happens it is a step up for him and not necessarily a bad problem to have. Some of the better programs in college football lose coaches and staff every year. I don't want a staff that no one else is after. Tashard Choice, Marco Coleman (maybe), Errin Joe, and others are examples of a positive trend. I mean we were all hoping some school would swoop in and poach Mike Sewak from us.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
REALLY good career move for Coleman. Unfortunately, there's a better than 50% chance GT will be looking for a new HC after next season, and this staff will be scrambling to look for new jobs when CGC is let go. At minimum, GT has to make a bowl game, and depending on how much "progress" is being made, making a low level bowl game might not be enough for CGC to keep his job.

Mel Tucker just signed a monster coaching extension that rivals the upper tier of coaches salaries in college football. Anyone that joins Tucker's staff will have job security as long as Mel Tucker deems the coach productive to the program. It's why I was shocked Tavares Tillman left Mich State to come here.

Coleman, much like Tashard Choice, is making a "business decision". IMO, they are making smart business decisions to join coaching staffs and programs that are on much better footing than GT. I can't fault Coleman for doing what's best for his career and family.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Well, he tried to convince us the sunk ship is actually a submarine. Not sure an AD could be more wrong, but maybe he didn’t really have another choice, even though we were told he did.
He had a choice four years ago. That's when he missed the boat.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
REALLY good career move for Coleman. Unfortunately, there's a better than 50% chance GT will be looking for a new HC after next season, and this staff will be scrambling to look for new jobs when CGC is let go. At minimum, GT has to make a bowl game, and depending on how much "progress" is being made, making a low level bowl game might not be enough for CGC to keep his job.

Mel Tucker just signed a monster coaching extension that rivals the upper tier of coaches salaries in college football. Anyone that joins Tucker's staff will have job security as long as Mel Tucker deems the coach productive to the program. It's why I was shocked Tavares Tillman left Mich State to come here.

Coleman, much like Tashard Choice, is making a "business decision". IMO, they are making smart business decisions to join coaching staffs and programs that are on much better footing than GT. I can't fault Coleman for doing what's best for his career and family.
Have you seen the secondary stats for MSU's defense last year? Not sure he left, so much as encouraged to look elsewhere.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
If CMC leaves for a bigger role/more money than good on him.

We either are going to step up and fund this program to win, or we will keep losing.

The good news in all of this is next year is make or break for the head ball coach. Either way I think our money guys have had enough and are going to start bringing in the dollars to compete.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

We either are going to step up and fund this program to win, or we will keep losing.

The good news in all of this is next year is make or break for the head ball coach. Either way I think our money guys have had enough and are going to start bringing in the dollars to compete.

This is big pay bump from the 235k Coleman was receiving. It just sucks losing him is collateral for current players and recruits like Zach Keith

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete

Period.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I am not a CGC fan, but I have to give him credit. His assistants that are moving, are moving on to better jobs and growing their career. Good head coaches have this happen to them.
I have a somewhat different take:

Two of perhaps his only three good assistants (IMO) are taking the opportunity to get out now, in possibly if not probably his last year.
But we did hold onto Dixon, though, and hopefully added a few good ones.

It's a bad omen, but maybe an overall net coaching upgrade with the addition of Chip Long. I wonder who will fill Marco's shoes?