March Madness Group

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed, Wisconsin was a 5 imo. That game should have been played in the Sweet 16.
It was strange. They were regular season champs in the Big 10. Then they make it all the way to the Big 10 finals, and they were rewarded with an 8 seed. Minnesota was solid, but we're barely ranked all year.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I try to pick good FT shooting teams in the tournament.
ND goes 17/17 at the line and loses
The #2 FT shooting team in the country misses the gimme at the end to take the lead so Wisconsin can run the clock down.
A good FT shooting team in SMU misses the first of a 1-1 twice in the final 2 minutes

I need to rethink my strategies.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Refs have been horrible at times. Missed a big goal tending in Northwestern game. Then gave Collins a technical for complaining about it. Stopped their run.

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
Remarkable how a team with FSU's athleticism and length can play such poor defense. This game looks to be over with 10 minutes remaining as the ACC goes from less than impressive to crapping the bed.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Hate to say it, but so far the acc has kind of sucked in the tourney. Free shoes u down 20 to Xavier.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He is generally know as a great defensive coach and with possibly the greatest group of athletes in D1 they don't play a lick of it.

This I think is what Jay Wright had a revelation about when he talks about recruiting kids he was expected to recruit instead of recruiting kids that fit his system and are winners.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He is generally know as a great defensive coach and with possibly the greatest group of athletes in D1 they don't play a lick of it.

This I think is what Jay Wright had a revelation about when he talks about recruiting kids he was expected to recruit instead of recruiting kids that fit his system and are winners.
Pastner has come to this realization also. I think that's why we're going to see future classes where a portion will be great fits wrt chemistry, skills, work ethic, etc., as opposed to the kid who's on the top of some lists made by guys who have seen them play like 3 times.

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
Pastner has come to this realization also. I think that's why we're going to see future classes where a portion will be great fits wrt chemistry, skills, work ethic, etc., as opposed to the kid who's on the top of some lists made by guys who have seen them play like 3 times.

I agree, it's clear from Pastner's quotes over the past few months that this season has been an eye opening experience for him about the value of coachable kids.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I'd wait for him to sign kids from the top of lists before saying he's making a choice to sign lower rated guys.