Major Branding Announcement: New Tech Gold

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
fyi

www.fansedge.com has the spring game tshirt.

https://www.fansedge.com/adidas-ga-tech-yellow-jackets-gold-2018-spring-game-t-shirt/p-3124374

thumb.aspx

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Tennessee just dumped their "crazy alternate" of the Smokey Grey uniforms. New coach Jeremy Pruitt's view was that the team was there to play winning football and promote the school, not parade around as entertainment. He canned the orange and white shoes too, going back to traditional black. (Note: The uniform got a makeover under Nike and frankly, the Orange and White has never looked so good.) Merchandise sales are organized as Orange, White and Grey can be used in limited quantities as a neutral background, but never as a primary color for the school.

Does Alabama have a crazy alternate? No. Does Auburn? No. Schools that need "crazy alternatives" are ones that struggle with tradition and can't fill the seats with anyone. Notre Dame tried a "crazy alternative" and when I turned the game on, I thought I was watching Grambling. It was the most wretched Green/Gold combination I've ever seen ... the looked like characters from a Batman movie.

No to the crazy alternative. Yes to a classic, yet updated look. And ... a winning team that 130+ years of tradition can be proud of.

So.....Notre Dame struggles with tradition???.......

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Why would they not make hats? Some of the old ones that the bookstore sells are ok, but I was really hoping for an Adidas one.
They do make hats! Something I found interesting thought is at my local golf course they have some awesome team Bridgestone hats but said the Bridgestone rep said they won’t make a GT hat because GT won’t allow it, or won’t agree to a deal with them.

They do make hats! Something I found interesting thought is at my local golf course they have some awesome team Bridgestone hats but said the Bridgestone rep said they won’t make a GT hat because GT won’t allow it, or won’t agree to a deal with them.
Yeah, Tech has been, and I assume continues to be, very proprietary when it comes to non contract suppliers providing Tech gear, and that even include someone like me placing a private order for a personally designed item that uses any of the Tech trademarked words or logos.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Why would they not make hats? Some of the old ones that the bookstore sells are ok, but I was really hoping for an Adidas one.
They absolutely will have GT hats for sale. When the real launch happens on July 1st. We got a teaser soft roll out and should be thankful for that but don't assume everything they had for the spring game is everything they'll have come the real roll out.

Besides you can see CPJ wearing one at the spring game.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 3.16.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 3.16.09 PM.png
    327.3 KB · Views: 69