Major Branding Announcement: New Tech Gold

I don’t choose to talk about my long fandom on here like some, but yes, I’ve been to the bookstore and yes, I have a little knowledge of our history and our fans. I also think we have a small, mighty, engaged group of fans that was excited for this rollout and spent money on some of initial gear.
I wanted to myself, but they only had limited options and limited sizes at the stadium, and it was too far and too late (prior to the game) to go to the bookstore.

Milwaukee

Banned
Bookstore is just terrible and the people running it have no idea what they're doing. On the day we debut our official gold and everyone I know just wants gold GT gear what do they have? Like 5 navy shirts and 1 gold shirt. CLUELESS

The bookstore probably demanded all the navy too. Adidas most likely called them and said "Hey what do you guys want for the spring game?". They most likely responded with "Please don't send any gold gear, make it navy if you don't mind".

You're totally right, they're idiots.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
This is one area Tech could improve massively. At Tennessee, there is the University Bookstore which carries "some" swag. But, the Uni also built a special store, the Vol Shop, which carries everything you could possibly want. And, it's next door to a sports bar to catch all the games. Why Tech doesn't do this is beyond me ... A Jacket Shop and a Hive (Nest, whatever) would be excellent ways to concentrate the alumni. And it doesn't have to be on campus ... put it in Alpharetta or where there's a lot of alumni already.

This is one area Tech could improve massively. At Tennessee, there is the University Bookstore which carries "some" swag. But, the Uni also built a special store, the Vol Shop, which carries everything you could possibly want. And, it's next door to a sports bar to catch all the games. Why Tech doesn't do this is beyond me ... A Jacket Shop and a Hive (Nest, whatever) would be excellent ways to concentrate the alumni. And it doesn't have to be on campus ... put it in Alpharetta or where there's a lot of alumni already.
When I was in school, and for several years afterwards, there was also the independently owned and run "Engineers' Book Store" which invariably had more of everything than the Tech book store.

It's only a good thing if the Book Store ordered a sufficient number of everything available. Based on what I saw at the trailer outside the stadium, that's doubtful, since the only t-shirts available an hour before the game were small, medium, and 2X. I think they figured a lot of kids would want shirts, but not so many adults that they would order enough to meet the demand. And that has generally been the case at the book store over the past few years --- PLENTY of kids' stuff in gold / yellow, but virtually none for adults.

Deleted member 2897

Well, just got an email alert that they don’t actually have the gold t-shirts in that I ordered online Friday morning. They are on back order, so now I sit and wait until who knows when. First world problems.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
7940D818-4377-46D0-8FE1-62135B7CE832.jpeg
I hope we see some throwbacks!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Well I just called the bookstore and they’re pretty much out of all Adidas stuff lol. They have no idea when the back order will arrive but the manager spoke with an Adidas rep and they said it shouldn’t be too long.

Let’s all remember that this is actually a good thing...demand for the new Adidas gear is STRONG. If we can keep up this kind of enthusiasm we should be able to get a nice selection of apparel released for us.

Let’s all remember that this is actually a good thing...demand for the new Adidas gear is STRONG. If we can keep up this kind of enthusiasm we should be able to get a nice selection of apparel released for us.
The question remains, however, as to whether the book store will stock enough of it that the fans want. They do not have a good track record.