M Bob

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
From Jeff Schultz's AJC article...apparently MBob's nickname inside the AD was Sasquatch. Given to him because no one ever saw him. Wow.

Here's more:

BigFoot_Hide-Seek-450x413.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You alumni types need to put pressure on the hill to get a football guy in there. It's been basketball's turn too long!

How about baseball? (Just kidding). We can buy a much better baseball team for the money than football or basketball.

The ADs have done very little in the baseball area and it is the best performing major men's varsity sport at GT. Coincidence?

The stunt of a cargo plane for the team plus CPJ calling him out is not good. But it goes along with the national embarrassment of firing Gregory after his best season and not having a replacement lined up .... or the ones we "thought" were lined up laughed at us.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I felt from the very beginning this was a horrible hire! Why hire someone from a university that didn't even have a football team. He did nothing positive towards the basketball side of things in my opinion as well.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Bring in a person with ties to GT that understands the school and mission of the Institute. I'm thinking this might be the perfect opportunity to snare Darryl Richards who I believe is working at Clemson with our previous and equally as lame AD.

He would be a great choice and represent the Institute with class and not be MIA on the job! He understands football as opposed to MBob who was lost in space coming from Xavier.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Bring in a person with ties to GT that understands the school and mission of the Institute. I'm thinking this might be the perfect opportunity to snare Darryl Richard who I believe is working at Clemson with our previous and equally as lame AD.

He would be a great choice and represent the Institute with class and not be MIA on the job! He understands football as opposed to MBob who was lost in space coming from Xavier.
He's still a little on the undercooked side. I think another 10 years and he'll be just right. He doesn't have the clout to wade in with the big boys yet. He will, but just not yet. I think Marvin Lewis is closer thatn Darryl, but he's not there yet either. He's worked in 3 different athletic departments, as an Associate AD in two P5 schools in academic conferences and almost 5 years at a G5 school. However, he's a "dollars and cents" guy, not a money guy. Someone like Curry would be the "money" guy.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't have any ties to anyone at Tech. But every time I saw and heard Mbob my snake in the grass alarm would go off. I just wish uga had hired him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The uga doninated board of regents/ state legistature will fire prez pet if he makes any agressive move to facilitate a football team the will challenge the dogs.
We settle for this type of support from hill.
This is last chance before mediocre city.

The uga doninated board of regents/ state legistature will fire prez pet if he makes any agressive move to facilitate a football team the will challenge the dogs.
We settle for this type of support from hill.
This is last chance before mediocre city.
Obviously, the BOR has done and will do anything that would prevent Tech from challenging the mutts, but I doubt they could fire the prez without just cause, and aggressive moves like that are definitely not just cause.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Obviously, the BOR has done and will do anything that would prevent Tech from challenging the mutts, but I doubt they could fire the prez without just cause, and aggressive moves like that are definitely not just cause.
at his level the word Fire means
put through all kinds of hoops to get routine approvals on everything requested etc till u I quit.

Should have been more specific about the meat grinder method of firing
Imo
He has to grow some... to be a famous gt president.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I agree with that.
It was sad to see him and wife at post game orange bowl award just standing alone watching the coach and guys on stage.
Not a "we are marshall"-here is your game ball prez as you did so much to do with our victory.

I had high hopes for him when the kids took him part of the goal post after VT 09.

Could be great....if ...