Lucas Johnson Entering Transfer Portal

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have been rooting for Lucas Johnson to be successful since he signed. I hoped that he would be the QB to transition CPJ's offense into a more balanced run/pass offense that would then start to attract higher rated dual threat QB's, but that didn't happen because of injuries. Then I thought he would be the best suited for the transition to what CGC wanted to do, and it didn't appear he had enough foot speed to survive the OL transition. I think this kid is a tough competitor, and I wish him the best of luck wherever he decides to go.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Lucas was just snakebit with injuries. I was really hoping to see what he could do when healthy. No doubt he’s a class act and will succeed in his future endeavors. I’d like to congratulate him for getting his degree and wish him good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I too want to wish LJ the very best, but I also want to compliment folks on our board for a lot of genuine, class comments towards Lucas. Really nice to see.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I feel like he will be one of my "what ifs" when looking back at his injury laden career at GT. He seems like a great kid, and I hope he is successful in whatever his future holds.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I can see him going back home (out west) to a school like SDSU or Arizona or Nevada or Utah St type and put up decent numbers. As long as he can stay healthy.
I feel for the kid because of the foot injury and our bad O Line play. Wasn’t a good combination for his situation.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been rooting for Lucas Johnson to be successful since he signed. I hoped that he would be the QB to transition CPJ's offense into a more balanced run/pass offense that would then start to attract higher rated dual threat QB's, but that didn't happen because of injuries. Then I thought he would be the best suited for the transition to what CGC wanted to do, and it didn't appear he had enough foot speed to survive the OL transition. I think this kid is a tough competitor, and I wish him the best of luck wherever he decides to go.
Pretty much my sentiments exactly. He spoke to the crowd at the pep rally in Dublin and just seemed like he had so much leadership potential. I hope he finds a situation where he can display his talents.

Jmonty71

Banned
Best of luck to this young man. He'll start somewhere, I'm sure. With Sims coming in, the chances of starting was going to be tough. Not surprised. The man wants to play football.