LSU fires Les Miles after 2-2 start; UPDATE Jimbo Fisher reportedly offered job

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I keep hearing folks say that HOU's coach's contract guarantees him a top 5 salary if HOU joins the Power5. As in, he's guaranteed a salary in the top 5 coaches in the country (in case that wasn't clear, it wasn't clear to me when I wrote it :unsure:).

I'd still jump to LSU if I were him.

That said, why would the Big12 want HOU. Doesn't TX get them the HOU TV market sufficiently? If they just need to add someone to make a conf. title make sense, I'd look west to a CA school.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I keep hearing folks say that HOU's coach's contract guarantees him a top 5 salary if HOU joins the Power5. As in, he's guaranteed a salary in the top 5 coaches in the country (in case that wasn't clear, it wasn't clear to me when I wrote it :unsure:).

I'd still jump to LSU if I were him.

That said, why would the Big12 want HOU. Doesn't TX get them the HOU TV market sufficiently? If they just need to add someone to make a conf. title make sense, I'd look west to a CA school.

Not to sidetrack from the grass-eater too much, I think the Big 12 is looking to expand from 10 to 12 regardless and have 11 candidates. With Baylor (13) the only Big 12 team in the top 20, Houston brings a winner. For the state of Texas, it's more Big 12 money to a Texas school. For the rest, it's another game in Texas for recruiting (but another Texas school to recruit against).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If Jimbo leaves, it won't be about money. FSU is a better job anyway IMHO. All you gotta do is recruit the kids in your state and you're fine. LSU can do the same but there's just more and better kids in FL.

Plus you're not the only show in town in Tallahassee, plus he's already won 1 there. At LSU he'd be chasing one with a loudly ticking clock.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I just would find it hard for Jimbo to leave FSU. Being the custodial parent means a lot. Its hard to uproot kids that are close to finishing school.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Jimbo might also want to get away from that sleazebag that cheated on him with her personal trainer. Might be time for a fresh start....