LSU fires Les Miles after 2-2 start; UPDATE Jimbo Fisher reportedly offered job

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kentucky will at the end of the season. The word is Mark Stoops is fired if Kentucky has a losing season.

There's no way KY keeps Stoops. Talk about overrated. As a matter of fact, I'm starting to think "Stoops" translates to 'overrated' in some language. That whole family is on the list of overrated coaches. Right under Mike Leach. What has he ever accomplished?

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Bobby Petrino will get a strong consideration after his work at Louisville in my opinion.
Bobby will be around a few more seasons because i think there is something written into his contract that requires him to stay at UL 4-5 seasons at least because he liked to skip out after 2-3 seasons.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There's no way KY keeps Stoops. Talk about overrated. As a matter of fact, I'm starting to think "Stoops" translates to 'overrated' in some language. That whole family is on the list of overrated coaches. Right under Mike Leach. What has he ever accomplished?
I could see UK getting up the money for a homerun hire like Les Miles. It wont matter because UK is a graveyard of head coached.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Kentucky will at the end of the season. The word is Mark Stoops is fired if Kentucky has a losing season.

Les Miles I think would fail spectacularly at Kentucky (by which I mean a 7-5, 8-4 at best kind of career...not really failing but falling WAY short of fan/booster expectations). He won't get anywhere near the caliber of players he's used to at LSU, and his schemes have never been his strong suit.
Edit: Glad this firing happened this year...Les probably would have killed it at Georgia, and they absolutely would have hired him.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Les Miles I think would fail spectacularly at Kentucky (by which I mean a 7-5, 8-4 at best kind of career...not really failing but falling WAY short of fan/booster expectations). He won't get anywhere near the caliber of players he's used to at LSU, and his schemes have never been his strong suit.
Edit: Glad this firing happened this year...Les probably would have killed it at Georgia, and they absolutely would have hired him.
A head coach who goes 7-5 at Kentucky could have the job for life

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think he'll end up at some TX school. Maybe HOU once their guy trades up. Despite everything, Briles is still respected in that state since, you know, all that matters if football. :rolleyes:
He could wind up at Louisville when Bobby Petrino leaves again

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He could wind up at Louisville when Bobby Petrino leaves again

I could see Les at Lville before Briles. I really think the TX connection is Briles' way back in. Not many places could stand to bring him in with that baggage. To your point, Lville is probably one of those places. Look at their current guys.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
A head coach who goes 7-5 at Kentucky could have the job for life

In general I agree with this, but the fact is wherever Miles gets hired is going to shoot their expectations right through the roof. They will expect to compete for conference titles and I just don't think Les without his LSU players is a good enough coach to get those results (even WITH his LSU players he was barely able to keep himself from getting fired for much of the last decade...Les Miles "hot seat" rumors have been a constant recently).

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Im listening to clemsux talk show right now and they say "no way he goes "...I'd love to see him.leave.
They project Bryles or Tom Herman
I think Dabo stays at Clemson until Nick Saban retires then he will be named head coach of Alabama. He's a perfect candidate since he played for Alabama.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Im listening to clemsux talk show right now and they say "no way he goes "...I'd love to see him.leave.
They project Bryles or Tom Herman
I predict Tom Herman. I’m not sure he’ll have another year as successful as what he’ll have this year and there won’t be another job of LSU’s caliber coming any time soon. Petrino will ride out Lamar Jackson to raise his stock even more. I’m a) not sure someone will gamble on Briles yet and b) not certain he won’t end up right back at Baylor. Gundy and Fisher are most likely staying put.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I think Dabo stays at Clemson until Nick Saban retires then he will be named head coach of Alabama. He's a perfect candidate since he played for Alabama.
Dabo is a no-go..
I was referring to the DC Brent Venerables
Clemson is nothing without that guy

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I predict Tom Herman. I’m not sure he’ll have another year as successful as what he’ll have this year and there won’t be another job of LSU’s caliber coming any time soon. Petrino will ride out Lamar Jackson to raise his stock even more. I’m a) not sure someone will gamble on Briles yet and b) not certain he won’t end up right back at Baylor. Gundy and Fisher are most likely staying put.
Houston added years and money to his contract and i think Houston will be entering the Big Xll so i think he'll be staying at Houston