Love this

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
Haha! This is great! They are grabbing at straws...apparently they haven't seen our cheerleaders or heard our band. They are looking at anything and everything they can to minimize Georgia Tech when the fact is they are worried and they should be. The Jackets have given them reason to be scared and I sure hope we can continue to put them in their place in 2015!!

I didn't know that UGA is playing Southern again next season. Man I would so love to see them lose to the Eagles and then to Tech.
Not sure how playing Southern is going to help them prepare for us. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the triple option go out the door at Southern when Moncken left? What they run now may be a variation of it, but it's certainly not the same offense that Tech runs.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how playing Southern is going to help them prepare for us. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the triple option go out the door at Southern when Moncken left? What they run now may be a variation of it, but it's certainly not the same offense that Tech runs.
I don't know that it will help them much although the author of that post seemed to imply it should. But, given that Southern is a tough team that nearly beat NC State and Tech last year then I am definitely rooting for them to beat UGA.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
While nobody ever wants to see UGA win a game just think how much sweeter it would be for them to come into COFH undefeated only to have GT hand them their first loss of the year. Wouldn't that be better than having them lose to Georgia Southern and Auburn?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
While nobody ever wants to see UGA win a game just think how much sweeter it would be for them to come into COFH undefeated only to have GT hand them their first loss of the year. Wouldn't that be better than having them lose to Georgia Southern and Auburn?
I'm not even one of those real strong anti-Georgia guys. But I hope they lose every game, and we just beat 'em worse.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
No. Although I did not include Auburn as I have not looked at UGA's schedule but just am going by the blog post linked to.

Southern is still a lower tier (in effect) team. It would be a far more embarrassing loss than losing to Tech. However, if they were to lose to Southern then Tech would absolutely have to beat them as opposed to the normal "we deeply truly really want" to beat UGA. I wouldn't enjoy Tech being called the third best football team in the state.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Nope, I don't want them to win any games. Imagine what would happen to their fanbase if they came into Tech with no wins and we laid the hammer on them. They would call for the head of every coach on the staff. Rebuilding would take years.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
It comes down to a choice of death by a thousand cuts (losing multiple games in a season) or being on the verge of going to the CFP and being undefeated only to have it all blown up in one single game: COFH.

I don't know that it will help them much although the author of that post seemed to imply it should. But, given that Southern is a tough team that nearly beat NC State and Tech last year then I am definitely rooting for them to beat UGA.
Oh, hell, yeah......TOTALLY agree with that. But apparently the writer of that article doesn't know much about Tech and Southern football

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Going thru security at Hartsfield last week. Had my Jackets hat on and ended up right next to a guy with UGA cap, windbreaker and Georgia "G" on his backpack. He would not look at me, not even look my way and he was 18 inches from me. :)
It's stuff like this that takes rivalries too far. And it was just last month I was reading how courteous we are.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I love how he compared us to Hitler. There really isn't a higher insult!
I missed that reference but it was a quick scan. But: anybody, anybody, at any level, doing anything for any reason, ever, who compares anybody to Hitler is just too ignorant to be loose in society. Ignorant in history, human decency, the law, just ignorant. It is so ignorant that it's not even insulting.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
You must be crazy to want to see that! If UGA went undefeated into COFH and we beat them, there's about a 99% chance ESPN would talk them above us if they went on to win the SECCG. They'd use the excuse that the SEC is just so tough they were beat up from the grind, but they were the better team.