Louisville Week Media

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Q. And physically I know the cut blocks are such a big part of that offense. How do you work on that in practice and also keep the guys safe and does it change in a short week?
COACH PETRINO: Yeah, it didn't change a whole lot. We actually have a little circuit we have to do for the "D" line, the outside linebackers, inside linebackers, and really focus on being able to get our hands down and shed and then get to the ball. So we try to break it down and do some individual work and then some half line group work on it before you really put it together with 11 on 11.

Wow they didn’t have to change much. It’s almost like cut blocks are a normal thing teams deal with.

Deleted member 2897

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Wes and his partner in the booth were complaining about that a lot last week too. I think it’s more the font making numbers look very similar so the lighter color just makes it that much harder to distinguish the smaller details. A slightly thicker border would probably make a big difference.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Wes and his partner in the booth were complaining about that a lot last week too. I think it’s more the font making numbers look very similar so the lighter color just makes it that much harder to distinguish the smaller details. A slightly thicker border would probably make a big difference.
In the bright sun - it's hard to see, but thru my binoculars its beautiful.
Wonder what it would look like under the lights.

The thicker border is a good idea.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I don’t get it. I haven’t had any trouble reading the numbers but a lot of folks have. Is this a gold dress/blue dress thing? [emoji41]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

In the shade and on film the numbers are not so bad. The bright sun causes such a bright reflection off the jerseys that from a distance the numbers disappear altogether. Better borders on the numbers would help but the gold blending with the white in the sun will still be a problem IMO. Bigger wider darker better bordered numbers are needed for fans in the stands , and announcers.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I have to say I have a hard time seeing the numbers

I’m sorry. I know something needs to be done but I don’t understand why I’m not having an issue. I sit on one goal line and have no problem seeing them at the other end of the field. Without corrective lenses, I am worse than 20/200 in both eyes and I have a bad astigmatism in both eyes.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’m sorry. I know something needs to be done but I don’t understand why I’m not having an issue. I sit on one goal line and have no problem seeing them at the other end of the field. Without corrective lenses, I am worse than 20/200 in both eyes and I have a bad astigmatism in both eyes.

I sit in 102 so it could be the sun but all those around me have a hard time.

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow

Don't our road jerseys have the dark blue numbers. Should not be an issue at the 'ville.