Louisville Uniform Reveal

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan
Would look infinitely better with white numbers outlined in gold. And I love navy, just don't love these. Not awful but not great.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I actually don't like the blue-on-blue look but I'm not pompous enough to think my opinion matters all that much or that it's that big a deal anyways.

#ShotsFired?
I don’t believe this post. Neither your disapproval of the blues (👀 profile avatar) nor that you doubt the importance of your opinion (👀 post history)

🤣🍻👍🏽

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
Haven't seen it yet but todays game is Cape Day so its really similar to wearing all Gray last year.

Q to the haters -- why don't you like these? Not really understanding all the comments like "don't mind blue but these are bad". Looks fine to me, I like them!
There are those of us who are traditional Tech fans and College football fans. For me I look at uniforms and say...well ok but I prefer that you win more than what you wear. Tradition at Tech is a white jersey with gold pants. During my years, of Tech football, since 1969, we have worn gold jerseys white pants, white jerseys gold pants, black jerseys gold pants, blue jerseys white pants.

The problem with all blue is we are displaying none of our core color. Now Blue pants and a gold jersey with a gold helmet would look good.

Also as long as I am complaining, I don't really like the design of the current jersey. I liked the old style with the blue and gold arm ring, and I liked the jersey design in 2008 and 2009. Just saying.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Q to the haters -- why don't you like these? Not really understanding all the comments like "don't mind blue but these are bad". Looks fine to me, I like them!
For me, I don’t hate them I just think the white and gold looks boss under the lights. I understand Lol’ville asked to wear whites but:
(1) I would’ve said nope, we’ll rock the home whites after their stupid 404Takeover Attempt thank you very much
(2) I think the dark blue will look kind of muted under the lights. That said the gold should really stand out and I like the hats

In other, happier news. I found a bottle of Henry McKenna 10 year at my local liquor shop so have that and some El Capitan (3 Nations) chilling in the fridge. With a pizza order in so it’s going to be a good night.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The gold facemask on the gold helmet throws the entire look off for me. There’s not nearly enough gold or white on the rest of the uniform to balance it out for how much gold is on the helmet. If worn with gold or even white pants it would look fine. Even the blue facemask’d version Tech wore in the Quick Lane Bowl weren’t bad. Nothing special, but they were ok. The gold facemask ruins the aesthetic for me. This is a top 2 worst adidas look for me. The other one is the W/W/B look we wore against UNC in 2018. Mostly because I hated the original version of the white “stinger striped” helmets, but also paired with blue pants was not a good look for me.

FolkHall

Georgia Tech Fan
Navy.jpg

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
For me, I don’t hate them I just think the white and gold looks boss under the lights. I understand Lol’ville asked to wear whites but:
(1) I would’ve said nope, we’ll rock the home whites after their stupid 404Takeover Attempt thank you very much
(2) I think the dark blue will look kind of muted under the lights. That said the gold should really stand out and I like the hats

In other, happier news. I found a bottle of Henry McKenna 10 year at my local liquor shop so have that and some El Capitan (3 Nations) chilling in the fridge. With a pizza order in so it’s going to be a good night.
Actually the NCAA rule is that the opposing team HAS to wear white. The only way that the home team can wear white is that they get permission from the visiting team BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS (Rule 1-4-5-b). This last part, combined with the fact that this was supposed to be the Cape Day uniform game, is probably why we are wearing all dark. As per the rule above, we have to have the home games that we are wearing white shirts approved in writing before the start of the season. We were planning to wear Cape Day unis tonight, so we obviously didn’t seek approval for home whites for this game. Cape Day unis didn’t come in, and we missed our pre-season window to have home team whites approved, so we had to fall back to all navy, as Louisville had (I’m sure) already scripted their all white (shirts and pants) look for this game.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
That jersey would look so much better than the one we have now. Also, I really hope adidas updates the font on the nameplates next year. Why is Tech the only team that wears that font for their nameplates? It looks goofy. What’s weirder is that the gold jerseys that were worn in last year’s spring game had a normal looking font compared to the white and blue jerseys. And they kept that font for the gold jerseys that got worn vs. UGA and The Citadel, but the grey jerseys had the same goofy looking font as the white and blue ones
6BD067E0-4C40-4F5D-82CB-80A004D798CA.jpeg

6E67846F-1A23-407E-918B-4F5EDEC73740.jpeg

04B88DF7-AB01-49B0-BB29-89CD9A3F1216.jpeg

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't get hung up on navy being bad look for us. My favorite Tech shirt is navy.

That being said...not a fan of this uni combo.

On the other hand: If the players like it and they are motivated to win...I support it 100%

In conclusion: I'm so glad our 3rd color is not purple. Clemson's orange/purple is poison for your eyes.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Actually the NCAA rule is that the opposing team HAS to wear white. The only way that the home team can wear white is that they get permission from the visiting team BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS (Rule 1-4-5-b). This last part, combined with the fact that this was supposed to be the Cape Day uniform game, is probably why we are wearing all dark. As per the rule above, we have to have the home games that we are wearing white shirts approved in writing before the start of the season. We were planning to wear Cape Day unis tonight, so we obviously didn’t seek approval for home whites for this game. Cape Day unis didn’t come in, and we missed our pre-season window to have home team whites approved, so we had to fall back to all navy, as Louisville had (I’m sure) already scripted their all white (shirts and pants) look for this game.
Yeah ya got me. I know we couldn’t stop them from wearing white and was aware the one off uniforms didn’t make it, but I still don’t like it.
*gestures wildly and looks to the sky*
😂