Louisville Postgame

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
A pretty good summary of our woes on offense and defense from Jackson Caudell. I realize that the question is whether the problems can be corrected with the players we currently have.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Here’s the Iowa vs Minnesota condensed game. We were getting about the same pass rush as those two teams

Maybe I count quickly. Louisville did not have all day. Their receivers were open from the beginning.

Our pass rush could be better, but our secondary was getting beaten, and getting beaten quickly. That’s clear from watching the replay.

Our CBs give an 8 yard pad at the LOS. Any slant, dig route, curl, quick out will be open. We do fairly well if the WR runs a route into a middle zone or a deep slant. If he runs a go route we are good/bad. Certain DB are constantly chasing the play.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Even giving them 6 points on two possessions, that’s still only 2.3 ppd. I don’t think we should beat our chests over the defense, as they certainly didn’t do enough to outright win. Special teams and offense definitely deserve what blame there is to give for the loss though.

Our offense including last week’s dud is averaging 2.97 ppd. Any time we can hold a team down in the low twos should be a comfortable win.
A typical game has ~10 possessions per team, not counting ends of halves. Therefore, 2 PPP (PPD) will be in the 20’s - against the offense. Assuming no defensive scores would mean an offense would need to score near 30 (3 PPP) to guarantee a win.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
All coaches hate interceptions

They all know most are caused by pass rush unless qb is inaccurate.

I think our coaches have not accounted for the exceptional accracy of King and are being too cautious. Our scheme has too many pass attempt that are jr high ldvel safe. IF THE DC IS NOT BEND BUT DONT BREAK the dbs are at los to help make sure that small fast rb GETS NO LONG GAINS.

We have 1 interception and no sacks in 5 games.

Are our players so crappy they can't do more than dink and dunk?
Love HK, but is he really that accurate or is he throwing far more short passes which would enhance accuracy? I’m asking for real.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Love HK, but is he really that accurate or is he throwing far more short passes which would enhance accuracy? I’m asking for real.
And you hit the bingo.
PORTAL OUT
THE NIL PHONE CALL FROM OLE MISS.
Haynes King, At Gt you have been branded as a system quarterback. We have offered Wienke and Singleton.... Come here....$$$.