Louisville Game Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
LOL! I was about to post that interview because I recall someone requesting to suffer through it. Glad I checked.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well. went from feeling darn good - up by 13 - to ANOTHER flippin' heart breaker. :banghead:

Soon it will only be Beesball. They have come from behind to win all 5 games this year. (5-2 overall)

I don't watch basketball except for the last two minutes when I do watch. I sure won't watch GT this year.

I talked with an NC State fan yesterday about how lopsided the ACC is. I think in football we can sell the academic side in recruiting since so few players make the NFL .... and even the best can get hurt due to the nature of the game plus they have to be in school for 3 years.

In baseball, we can recruit due to baseball players signing up for 3 years OR having the minor league option if they are that good or not academically inclined.

In basketball, academic schools outside of a few great programs (Duke) can't compete with the one and done wonderkids. It really hurts the continuity not to have the players for 3 years.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
In basketball, academic schools outside of a few great programs (Duke) can't compete with the one and done wonderkids. It really hurts the continuity not to have the players for 3 years.

To call Duke an academic school with how they funnel their basketball players into "Sociology" majors with little or no real academic integrity is ..not right. They are not as bad as UNC (their guys do at least have to show up for class) but it is NOT anywhere near the same standard as the rest of their university upholds.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I talked with an NC State fan yesterday about how lopsided the ACC is. I think in football we can sell the academic side in recruiting since so few players make the NFL .... and even the best can get hurt due to the nature of the game plus they have to be in school for 3 years.

In baseball, we can recruit due to baseball players signing up for 3 years OR having the minor league option if they are that good or not academically inclined.

In my opinion, academics has nothing to do with why we haven't recruited well lately in basketball. We can and should be able to recruit top kids to play here. GT currently ranks 11th in NBA players in the league and is probably top 10 in the last 50 years. Unlike football, you only need 5 (or so), we don't have to recruit D-lineman, recruits don't care about UGA, and the SEC generally sucks. Atlanta is a hotbed of talent and we should be doing better. Academics is not an excuse in my opinion. Certainly doesn't seem like it is stopping us from recruiting Jaylen Brown.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer

Back in the day, Duke and UNC were more into football than basketball. Because of that State was totally focused on basketball until the likes of Frank McGuire (UNC) and Vic Bubas (Duke) hit the scene and then Wake Forest, South Carolina, Maryland..etc. UNC and Duke has been for the most part the two-headed monster.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This one was painful. I decided to wait till the next day to post on it.

I am at a loss. When I look at teams that play this hard, I have to believe the kids are all still behind CBG. That is amazing - given how this season has gone. We just are not getting the thing done.

I hate to see these losses, and can not begin to imagine how tough it must be for the team looking back at this schedule and all the close games. I can't recall ever seeing this type of close game slip away so repeatedly in any other sport or team I follow. This is just getting to be crazy. I am wondering if someone told a fan with a goat he couldn't bring it into McCamish..

SMH.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Well, after NUMEROUS close losses,we now know it is not bad luck.It is coaching --from attitude,to subbing ,to play calls. ----including of course the recruiting good enough players ESPECIALLY GUARDS and esp PGs.

Some of it is built around the inability to hit FTs and generalFGs ,so a multiple player OFF play at end would mean the wrong guy getting the shot or foul. Unfortunately ALL may be the "wrong" guy.