Louisville Game Thread

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Louisville - Georgia Tech Preview via FoxSports

"Georgia Tech is the type of team that can beat anybody on a given night if you don't get them in an up-tempo situation," Pitino said. "It's grind-'em-out games where you've got to get it."

Ill take "things we have to say when we have to say something nice about GT basketball for $1000 Alex"

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I can see us winning this game as much as I can see another loss. Louisville is not good right now especially without Jones. Not even top 25 good in my opinion. This smells like last year's Syracuse game where the ranking is misleading.

If our guys have any pride, they will want to redeem themselves after the shellacking we took in Chapel Hills.

Like Cuse says, they're not playing well at all right now. A win wouldn't surprise me, nor would another ugly game where both teams struggle to score.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
See if this team still has fight in it. Its 6 home games have been 2 blow out wins and 4 losses where all 4 were 1 possession games with 1 minute to play (2 with GT leading by 1 and 1 with GT tied). If GT handles L'ville pressure then I think this ends up being an ugly close game.

Some interesting stats on the series.
L'ville leads the overall series 15-13.
GT is 7-6 against L'ville when L'ville is ranked (3-3 when L'ville is ranked and GT is not ranked, 1-0 at home)
Gregory is 2-0 against Pitino and L'ville. Both wins being Dayton defeating L'ville. (a 4 pt and a 5 pt win)
L'ville is 10-9 against unranked GT teams (GT is 4-0 at home though).

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer

Another to watch -- Louisville (-4.5) at Georgia Tech; 7 ET, ESPN: The Cardinals will be playing without Chris Jones, who was officially dismissed from the team Sunday without further comment. And in this matchup, they face a Georgia Tech team that is much better than its record. Eight of the Yellow Jackets' twelve losses in conference have been by two possessions or less, with two further ones being seven-point losses. Plus, Brian Gregory is coaching for his job, meaning this team will likely be pretty hungry (even if it could already be lost). This could actually be a pretty good game despite the record difference.

Potential upset: Seriously wouldn't be surprised to see Georgia Tech catch Louisville, mostly because they're due for one of these games to go their way.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Screw it.. I am calling for the upset tonight. Just put $50 on the Jackets on the ML.

Tadric and Quentin combine for 25 pts and 10 boards in a nice win.

I haven't started drinking....yet
I too am seeing the upset.. Following you're lead and putting a Cnote down on it.

#StillSwarming

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
When was the last time we had 3 dunks in a row?!?! It is quite amazing what happen when you push the ball up the floor and run the floor(aka playing fast). I have been saying to do this for a long time and the recruits say the same thing. About freakin time...I hope they keep it up

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Its not that different. Louisville seriously struggles from deep and we have the bodies to give Harrell trouble as we can run 4 diffferent guys at him. Meanwhile they are breaking in 2 freshman point guards trying to fill in for an All-ACC 2nd team player. We caught them on the absolutely perfect night.

I love the way the TJs are always playing hard. Tadric has a short memory which is a good thing.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Our offense the last 5 minutes:
Pick and roll at the top of the key with MGH or a turnover....also Jorg should of done a wrap pass to Demarco Cox for a dunk. He has made 1 lay up the whole season it seems like