Louisville Game Thread

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
This ain't coaching - this is voodoo.

I feel really bad for the kids. I have not seen them quit once I don't think.

Well, I gotta believe we will make a change. Go back to beating ugag 2 out of 4 or 5 tries and be victim to more 40 to 50 point blowouts. I pray not.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Broken record, every timeout leads to a turnover...
DEfnmbE.gif

slugboy

Staff member
Mike Budenholzer was in the stands--looked like with his kids. Have to wonder what he was thinking watching this.

Weird game. Some good stuff. And some head-scratching stuff--plenty, really.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean, what is left to say? Our team keeps playing their hearts out and yet they also keep finding ways to mess it up in the end.

I think they expect to lose now, as do all of us fans.

35 minutes of good play (not perfect, but good), 5 minutes of ugly play (unforced turnovers, complete offensive boneheadedness, defensive failures, etc). The closer we get to the end of the game, the worse we play. Our worst basketball is ALWAYS in the last 2 minutes of the game. I hate it for MGH and Jorgenson and the others, because I know they are working hard, but this is just ridiculous now.

Like I have said multiple times, we are in win-win territory now. If we win, great, but if we lose, then we are one step closer to a new coach, which is looking more and more like a win. Either way, I'll be cheering them on. Go Jackets.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
well at least this has to help the cause to fire CBG.

Eric, what's your source on the football staff say is the scuttlebutt in the athletic department about CBG? They can act like their world is insular and they don't know anything about anything outside the football office. I beg to differ.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
As a season ticket holder, I have to say I am very tired of watching this same movie over, and over, and over again. I really like CBG, but his game management actions leave me scratching my head. I am proud of our guys who keep trying in spite of everything.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Mike Budenholzer was in the stands--looked like with his kids. Have to wonder what he was thinking watching this.

Weird game. Some good stuff. And some head-scratching stuff--plenty, really.
I hope he was there to scout Harrell, dince he is the GM for now with Ferry's suspension. I would like to see him in a Hawks uni next year and develop into a Mike Scott 2.0

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
People always remember the last 5 minutes. I implore you to review the first ten minutes. It's always a 15 car pile up of people who just left church. Totally tragic.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope he was there to scout Harrell, dince he is the GM for now with Ferry's suspension. I would like to see him in a Hawks uni next year and develop into a Mike Scott 2.0
Maybe, but I don't think Harrell has nearly the same skills. Repeatedly he shuffled his feet during tonight's game. And his low post defense was to grab and hack. The officials were too intimidated to call him, but that is what happened. I will be surprised if he goes on the first few rounds of the draft.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Meanwhile, Louisville continues to hang their tournament resume on 1 OT win at home vs. UNC. Wouldn't be surprised to see them with a double-digit seed given their remaining schedule and how poorly they are playing now.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This was so easy to call. This team is so in its own head right now, I just can't see it getting out until it starts a new season (hopefully with a new staff but there is really only so much you can do even as a staff). I've seen this before but this is about as bad as it gets. There is a mindset of something will go wrong late, and so it does. Until this team actually wins a close game again, it simply will happen every time a game is close in the last couple of minutes.
This is now 0-8 in ACC in games that were 3 pts or less with a minute to play. In 5 of the 8 GT was tied or led with a minute to play.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
On the plus side, the place was rocking pretty well. Lots of UL fans, but the place was electric when Tech was making its run. Reminded me what it can be like when the team is good. Best atmosphere in a long while I thought.

Unfortunately, the ending was far too predictable.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Maybe, but I don't think Harrell has nearly the same skills. Repeatedly he shuffled his feet during tonight's game. And his low post defense was to grab and hack. The officials were too intimidated to call him, but that is what happened. I will be surprised if he goes on the first few rounds of the draft.
yeah he isn't as skilled as Scott. Scott has way more range and shooting touch. I said Mike Scott 2.0 because he could be a young, energetic, sort of big man, who has had a lot of college experience off the bench just like Scott was. And hopefully with Bud's coaching and development he can turn Harrell into a good role player just like Scott.