Louisville at Clemson

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Who do y'all think will win the Louisville-Clemson game this Saturday? I think nobody can stop the Louisville offense at this point and it continues this Saturday. I think Louisville wins a high scoring shootout 56-42 knocking Clemson out of the College Football Playoffs and probably getting Louisville in the Playoffs.

Who do y'all think will win the Louisville-Clemson game this Saturday? I think nobody can stop the Louisville offense at this point and it continues this Saturday. I think Louisville wins a high scoring shootout 56-42 knocking Clemson out of the College Football Playoffs and probably getting Louisville in the Playoffs.
You are probably right, but I for one will be pulling for Clemson.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think L'ville scores some, but they won't be running wild all over the field. Clemson has speed and toughness. If their coaches get them ready scheme wise, you may be surprised how well they frustrate the Cards. I'm not sure FSU's defense is up to speed yet. Has Louisville played anybody yet who has a defense? My money is on Climpsum in a medium scoring game. Who knows? It'll be fun to watch.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think L'ville scores some, but they won't be running wild all over the field. Clemson has speed and toughness. If their coaches get them ready scheme wise, you may be surprised how well they frustrate the Cards. I'm not sure FSU's defense is up to speed yet. Has Louisville played anybody yet who has a defense? My money is on Climpsum in a medium scoring game. Who knows? It'll be fun to watch.
Marshall did the best job against Louisville holding them to 59 points. I think Clemson has the best shot at beating Louisville until the Houston game at the end of the season. I think Houston has a better shot at beating UL than Clemson.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Clemson will win. I'd guess 34-27.

Houston hasn't impressed me much since the Oklahoma win. I think Ward Jr. is beat up already which isn't great for the rest of the season.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Clemson will win. I'd guess 34-27.

Houston hasn't impressed me much since the Oklahoma win. I think Ward Jr. is beat up already which isn't great for the rest of the season.
He's definitely hurting. They wanted to bring him back slow but they were getting criticism about not winning convincingly enough by the media so they seem to have just gone back to playing him. He sat out the game against their FCS opponent but has been back since and hasn't looked as good

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The key to stopping Louisville is stopping Lamar Jackson. Obvious, right?

For all the shadyness of Petrino, the one thing about him is the guy is probably one of the top offensive minds on any level of football. There's a reason why he got so many chances after incidences that would ruin most coach's careers. Now you give him a Michael Vick type athlete at QB that's a better passer at the same stage in their college careers? Then surround Lamar Jackson with great skill players? Good luck college football.

Oh, BTW, Louisville's defense is really good as well.

I think a lot of people are overestimating Clemson because they totally embarrassed us. Clemson is a good team, but they're not as unbeatable as they looked against us. Just look at the quality of teams both Louisville and Clemson have played. No one on Clemson's schedule is as talented or as good as FSU. Louisville completely dismantled and embarassed them...by halftime. MUCH worse than what Clemson did to us.

Deshaun Watson is a great passer, but he's not the athlete Lamar Jackson is. I would say LJ isn't quite the passer Watson is, but at this point in the season, Watson isn't the same QB he was last season. LJ has been VERY good playing in Petrino's system.

I actually think FSU is a better team than Clemson at this point in the season. It's going to be an exciting game, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Louisville run away from Clemson either. You put a special player at QB in an already prolific offense, and give him a pretty good defense and it's going to be tough to beat that team.

It's going to be a very good game for the ACC. Two good teams with two marquee QBs. I just think Louisville is a far better team at this point, and the scary thing is they still haven't hit their stride. I think a lot of points will be scored, but Louisville's offense is just too scary and their defense isn't anything to sneeze at either.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

For all the shadyness of Petrino, the one thing about him is the guy is probably one of the top offensive minds on any level of football. There's a reason why he got so many chances after incidences that would ruin most coach's careers. Now you give him a Michael Vick type athlete at QB that's a better passer at the same stage in their college careers? Then surround Lamar Jackson with great skill players? Good luck college football.

I think a lot of people are overestimating Clemson because they totally embarrassed us. Clemson is a good team, but they're not as unbeatable as they looked against us. Just look at the quality of teams both Louisville and Clemson have played. No one on Clemson's schedule is as talented or as good as FSU. Louisville completely dismantled and embarassed them...by halftime. MUCH worse than what Clemson did to us.

Deshaun Watson is a great passer, but he's not the athlete Lamar Jackson is. I would say LJ isn't quite the passer Watson is, but at this point in the season, Watson isn't the same QB he was last season. LJ has been VERY good playing in Petrino's system.

I actually think FSU is a better team than Clemson at this point in the season. It's going to be an exciting game, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Louisville run away from Clemson either. You put a special player at QB in an already prolific offense, and give him a pretty good defense and it's going to be tough to beat that team.

It's going to be a very good game for the ACC. Two good teams with two marquee QBs. I just think Louisville is a far better team at this point, and the scary thing is they still haven't hit their stride. I think a lot of points will be scored, but Louisville's offense is just too scary and their defense isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Needed to be said.

I'm not sold on CUs O, but think their D is legit. Lolvl also plays D. I wouldn't be surprised with a low scoring lolvl win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think this is the ACCCG on October 1st.

I think L'Ville wins easily. I expect Clemson to come out like they are on pcp (again), get smacked this time and fade. But we'll see, most interesting game of the weekend for me.

jeffgt14

I think you’re underestimating Brent Venables’ ability to get his D ready for a game. I think it’ll be close but it will not be a blowout like FSU was. I give Clemson the upper hand because I think Gallman makes the difference.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm still not sold.

FSU didnt look great defensively against anyone they have played, outside of Charleston Southern. So their ability to score on a shady FSU, Cuse, and Marshall don't make me a believer - yet.

Clemson's talent and Death Valley are no joke. I think Clemson wins by a touchdown, minimum.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think you’re underestimating Brent Venables’ ability to get his D ready for a game. I think it’ll be close but it will not be a blowout like FSU was. I give Clemson the upper hand because I think Gallman makes the difference.

It will be interesting. Clemson had to prep for our offense last week, and Louisville prep for Clemson's offense isn't much different than playing their own offense.

Having to go from defending east-west (our offense) to E/W and vertical will be quite the challenge for Clemson.

Louisville's defense is #18 overall (Clemson #10), scoring defense is 39 (Clemson #24). So their defenses are about even, with a little edge to Clemson.

The difference is Louisville's offense is an absolute machine right now, and they're not even hitting on all cylinders. That's scary. Clemson's offense will be the difference. If DeShaun Watson doesn't play like 2015 DW, I think Clemson gets blown out similar to FSU. If DW plays like the first round draft pick he is, then it's going to be a fireworks show.

Good game for the ACC.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It will be interesting. Clemson had to prep for our offense last week, and Louisville prep for Clemson's offense isn't much different than playing their own offense.

Having to go from defending east-west (our offense) to E/W and vertical will be quite the challenge for Clemson.

Louisville's defense is #18 overall (Clemson #10), scoring defense is 39 (Clemson #24). So their defenses are about even, with a little edge to Clemson.

The difference is Louisville's offense is an absolute machine right now, and they're not even hitting on all cylinders. That's scary. Clemson's offense will be the difference. If DeShaun Watson doesn't play like 2015 DW, I think Clemson gets blown out similar to FSU. If DW plays like the first round draft pick he is, then it's going to be a fireworks show.

Good game for the ACC.
I think 11-1 Louisville plays 9-3 Miami in the ACC Championship Game.

jeffgt14

Confidence is a hell of an offense and I’m curious how Wake Forest will fare out the rest of the year. If they manage to walk into Tallahassee 6-0, which they should, I think they may be one upset away from putting themselves into the mix for the Atlantic. It’s not out of the realm of possibility they can beat FSU and they do get Clemson at home.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Confidence is a hell of an offense and I’m curious how Wake Forest will fare out the rest of the year. If they manage to walk into Tallahassee 6-0, which they should, I think they may be one upset away from putting themselves into the mix for the Atlantic. It’s not out of the realm of possibility they can beat FSU and they do get Clemson at home.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: