Louisville - 1/23

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So should we revisit the topic of best team under gregory yet?

But hey, maybe irony will strike me and we will go on a winning streak after this post.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
So should we revisit the topic of best team under gregory yet?

But hey, maybe irony will strike me and we will go on a winning streak after this post.
Well one of his teams has to qualify as his best... I think this is it.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
No doubt in my this year's team is better than the previous.

If we can get consistent "true" point guard play we can win games like we played today and last weekend.

When MGH fouled out we lost a player that they had to worry about.

Face it, both TJs aren't playing to the level we need to be able to win tight games against "top" teams. jmo

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Calapari said today in his post-game interview that his team had gotten better recently because they have learned how to win.

Gregory's teams don't know how to win. They expect to lose. How many losses in the past 2 years have come after having a significant halftime lead? Then they fold like a cheap suit down the stretch. We've seen 2 of those in the last 2 games.

Even in the UVa win, GT was up by 10 with 53 seconds left, and only won by 4. They tried to fold in that one, but couldn't quite manage it.

I can't say its the kids. There are enough new faces this year that the constant seems to be the coach. I can't stand to watch the same bad ending over and over. Even having a significant lead against a mediocre Va Tech team, I couldn't stand to watch. The outcome was all but certain.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I watch them play.

And in terms of upside we've beaten a legit top 25 team this year i.e., one that may finish the year there.

lol? So you're really doubling down on the "watch them play" argument?

Also, in terms of upside the 13-14 team beat 7th ranked Cuse on the road, who actually finished ranked 14th, and in 12-13 we won @#6 miami who finished ranked 5th. What's your point?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I was optimistic we would get over the hump this year, but my positive outlook is fading. All five losses this year look almost exactly like the string of losses last season. We are 1-5 with road games at NCSU and Cuse next week. We need both wins. Before the ACC opener I counted on wins versus Clemson in the second half of the season, but those now a very doubtful, especially on the road. We are in a corner with wet paint on the floor surrounding us.

We may be putting kindling under CBG's desk chair if things don't improve pretty soon.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
lol? So you're really doubling down on the "watch them play" argument?

Also, in terms of upside the 13-14 team beat 7th ranked Cuse on the road, who actually finished ranked 14th, and in 12-13 we won @#6 miami who finished ranked 5th. What's your point?

You clearly have a different opinion than everyone else so there's no point arguing. You're the only one on this board who thinks that this team isn't Gregory's best team