Lot of Paul Johnson option football on TV tonight

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
21 - 10 Navy at the half.

Announcers with the same ol' tired tag lines: "This offense not built for 3rd and long" .... "This offense not built for two minute drill..."

I just watched Navy go 70+ yards in one minute to score the td before the break.

Good game. Coach N is a good 'un. I hope we can steal him away from Navy after CPJ hangs 'em up. I'd be thrilled with Monken, too.

The best part is he made that comment and like literally the next play was a play action bomb for 50 yards

The media does whatever they do to fit a narrative. #fakenews

Gr is always in the top discussion of the ncaa in explosion plays and scores. But. Its 3 yards and a cloud of dust and boring

Techster

Helluva Engineer
LOVE what Coach Ken is doing at Navy, but he's not leaving Navy for GT. He's a devout Mormon, and he turned down BYU after strong consideration. That's probably the closest he'll ever come to leaving Navy outside of a blue blood football school throwing gobs of money at him.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Southern plays Auburn today at 6:30

Something to keep an eye on: Bryan Cooke taking over the offense for GSU. Wonder how much of his offense will look like ours and how much like the offense he ran at Cal-Poly which was similar to ours except he incorporated a lot of gun schemes and HUNH.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
LOVE what Coach Ken is doing at Navy, but he's not leaving Navy for GT. He's a devout Mormon, and he turned down BYU after strong consideration. That's probably the closest he'll ever come to leaving Navy outside of a blue blood football school throwing gobs of money at him.

wasn't BYU going to require him to run a different offense or STTE?

I mean come on, would Paul Johnson have taken a job ANYwhere they required him to run a different Off?

gtg147g

Georgia Tech Fan
Also.... USMNT loses 0-2 to Costa Rica.

ZwN1Sq

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
wasn't BYU going to require him to run a different offense or STTE?

I mean come on, would Paul Johnson have taken a job ANYwhere they required him to run a different Off?
Yes he would have been required to change offenses. I hope no head coach would take a job where they dictate to him what offense or defense the coach runs.