Lot of Paul Johnson option football on TV tonight

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys, have to disagree about CPJ's replacement. Navy does not run the same distribution of offensive plays we do. They are very much a triple option team, while we are more a spread option team. Ken N. is a great coach, but no one has the ability that CPJ has to read the defense and then adjust what we're doing to attack the weaknesses of the defensive alignment. I don't think anyone would be as successful running this version of the spread option offense at Tech, against the caliber of opponents Tech sees week in, week out.

Navy coaches as a STAFF - to get the same results on a higher level you'd have to take their entire institution and drop it on Atlanta or another Power 5 city.

That being said, can you think of the last time CKN lost to a team with *inferior* talent? Ever? I can't even think of the last time he lost in a match-up of equal talent.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Navy coaches as a STAFF - to get the same results on a higher level you'd have to take their entire institution and drop it on Atlanta.

That being said, can you think of the last time CKN lost to a team with *inferior* talent? Ever? I can't even think of the last time he lost in a match-up of equal talent, at least in roster-wide 2-deep terms.
I think Army had less talent than Navy had last season and beat them.