Looks like we will complete the trifecta this year

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It's the calculus. You can't win games and take calculus. Mathematically improbable. Newton and Leibniz both arrived at this conclusion. Independently of course. And thus withheld publishing their papers until after their respective alma maters won their most recent MNC's in the late 1700's. Immediately upon publishing their papers, the recruiting fell off at both the University of Altdorf and Trinity College. Coincidence? You be the judge. Sure, Altdorf and Trinity both still make the minor bowls from time to time. But they no longer dominate European football like they did back around the time that the Battle of Wartburg was being fought as the decisive campaign of the 7 Years War.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Sure is. Discuss games and letting games impact your life negatively are different things.

When there's a down year it's best to let go and focus on other things till we come back next year ready to go 15-0.
What are you on about? He's a fan and losing sucks. Simple as that. No one said anything about being negatively impacted

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Rock bottom? Rock bottom looks like B*** effing L****. Dwayne Morrison 1981 4-23 basketball team. THAT''s rock bottom folks. The past year ain't been S**T to deal with! Jeez some of y'all have such short or non existent memories or more likely simply like to b**ch.
Calm down..... I’m not even worried about the program lol, I was just posting a phrase. Rock bottom would be way worse of course, but don’t take things to serious/literal.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Calm down..... I’m not even worried about the program lol, I was just posting a phrase. Rock bottom would be way worse of course, but don’t take things to serious/literal.

I wasn't specifically referring to you otherwise I would have replied to your post as I'm doing now. I simply used your phrase as a preface to my post as it was apropos to the other woe is me posts in this thread.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
in case any of you forgot let me give you a recap:
Football- losing record , no bowl game
Basketball: Coach makes National news for a weird sex/improper benefits scandal/ another coach is fired for some illegal activity; no post season play
Baseball: looking like a very very slim chance we even make a regional baring a miracle run
Golf: #4 ranked Team and cant even advance out of a regional to make the final top 30 Teams.

This has to be the worst overall season of men sports in the big four sports in many decades. Comical how bad this year has been, losing to Tennessee on Labor Day pretty much summed up our entire year for all sports combined, sheeeesh what a year to forget

429498494_preview_get.gif

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
When you’ve hit rock bottom there’s nowhere to go but up!

Gotta stay positive with my sentence.
Reminds me of the 2015 season. It was late October, and I was in Orlando for my niece's wedding. A family friend who was a big USC Gamecocks fan was trying to give me sh*t about Tech's season (in a good-natured, pokin-atcha-to-get-a-rise-out-of-ya way...), and I was trying my best not to take the bait. Finally, I couldn't take it any more, and snapped back at her, "yeah, our team is in free-fall right now. We'll know we hit rock bottom, though, when our coach quits on us in the middle of the season." Boy, that shut her up. And it really helped when, later in the evening, we watched Tech take down FSU.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Reminds me of the 2015 season. It was late October, and I was in Orlando for my niece's wedding. A family friend who was a big USC Gamecocks fan was trying to give me sh*t about Tech's season (in a good-natured, pokin-atcha-to-get-a-rise-out-of-ya way...), and I was trying my best not to take the bait. Finally, I couldn't take it any more, and snapped back at her, "yeah, our team is in free-fall right now. We'll know we hit rock bottom, though, when our coach quits on us in the middle of the season." Boy, that shut her up. And it really helped when, later in the evening, we watched Tech take down FSU.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
in case any of you forgot let me give you a recap:
Football- losing record , no bowl game
Basketball: Coach makes National news for a weird sex/improper benefits scandal/ another coach is fired for some illegal activity; no post season play
Baseball: looking like a very very slim chance we even make a regional baring a miracle run
Golf: #4 ranked Team and cant even advance out of a regional to make the final top 30 Teams.

This has to be the worst overall season of men sports in the big four sports in many decades. Comical how bad this year has been, losing to Tennessee on Labor Day pretty much summed up our entire year for all sports combined, sheeeesh what a year to forget
As your new thread has the same general theme/tone as your previous one I merged them.