Looks like we will complete the trifecta this year

GTfan1977

Banned
I have followed GT baseball since 2000 (which is as far back as I can remember since I was 3). I didn't say that Hall was taking the team anywhere this year or that they will have done anything of significance by the end of the season. It just takes a crappy fan to give up on a team only 2 (now pretty much 3) games into the season. I won't pass judgement on how the year will go until 25 games into the season because as a Coach you know very little about your team in the first weekend.

Not a crappy fan, just fed up with DH and baseball program being stuck in mediocrity, this season will be no different, don’t fool yourself

Not a crappy fan, just fed up with DH and baseball program being stuck in mediocrity, this season will be no different, don’t fool yourself
History will probably (yes, PROBABLY) prove you are correct, but I still believe it's too early in the season to totally give up on them. Personally, I wanted DH gone 5 years ago, but it didn't happen. I think the game of college baseball left DH behind a long time ago.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
History will probably (yes, PROBABLY) prove you are correct, but I still believe it's too early in the season to totally give up on them. Personally, I wanted DH gone 5 years ago, but it didn't happen. I think the game of college baseball left DH behind a long time ago.
I think that the new bats really screwed him over. We were built to outscore people and those new bats made him try and change the philosophy to more of a small ball approach and less dependence on power.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
for a complete dumpster fire year in the big three sports. No bowl game, embarrassing basketball team on and off the court and CDH has us stuck in the mud as usual with another disappointing baseball season. This has to be one of the most forgettable years in decades for football, basketball, and baseball in the same year. We are stuck in the bottom third of all three sports this year.....and don’t give me that optimistic approach for baseball team this year saying the season is young let’s see how it plays out....we all know we will not win a regional and CDH has been at the helm about a half a decade too long already.

Please tell me next year has some sort of hope, it truly seems like GT is a dumpster fire program now in the big three sports, truly sad and hard to follow these days

It's all in perspective. After Tech, I attended UT for my masters. Talk about being on top of the world ... the Vols were cranking it in football, ranked in basketball, and Pat Summit was winning championship after championship. The Dogwood Relays were showcasing the depth of the track talent. The Vols were on fire.

Look at UT today Arguably Top 5 in best facilities in the country, the number one revenue generator, packed stadia ... and they are dead last in everything.

Tech goes through cycles. I feel pretty good about TStan and that he'll be here a while. Give it time and let it play out.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
for a complete dumpster fire year in the big three sports. No bowl game, embarrassing basketball team on and off the court and CDH has us stuck in the mud as usual with another disappointing baseball season. This has to be one of the most forgettable years in decades for football, basketball, and baseball in the same year. We are stuck in the bottom third of all three sports this year.....and don’t give me that optimistic approach for baseball team this year saying the season is young let’s see how it plays out....we all know we will not win a regional and CDH has been at the helm about a half a decade too long already.

Please tell me next year has some sort of hope, it truly seems like GT is a dumpster fire program now in the big three sports, truly sad and hard to follow these days
I understand your frustration, but if it's that bad to follow them don't. Not trying to be rude but let's not complicate things. If something is tough to watch just turn away.

GTfan1977

Banned
Looks like I was correct when I posted original topic, we are well on our way to completing the trifecta of a dumpster fire year in the big 3 sports. GT baseball is stuck in the lame duck years now with DH and it's hard to follow these days. I was hoping somehow we could pull out one win at Clemp, but of course we don't and got swept not only in baseball but football and basketball as well.......

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It's all in perspective. After Tech, I attended UT for my masters. Talk about being on top of the world ... the Vols were cranking it in football, ranked in basketball, and Pat Summit was winning championship after championship. The Dogwood Relays were showcasing the depth of the track talent. The Vols were on fire.

Look at UT today Arguably Top 5 in best facilities in the country, the number one revenue generator, packed stadia ... and they are dead last in everything.

Tech goes through cycles. I feel pretty good about TStan and that he'll be here a while. Give it time and let it play out.
Tennessee won the SEC Championship in Men's Basketball;)

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I long ago predicted that Clemson would sweep us. I will also say that the bleeding is not over. Auburn will thrash us on Tuesday night. It's funny, well not really funny, but every year we kick off the ACC schedule on the road at either Clemson, Miami, or FSU. And we predictably get swept. Those are three of the top tier programs in the conference, and most teams in the conference would get swept.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Looks like I was correct when I posted original topic, we are well on our way to completing the trifecta of a dumpster fire year in the big 3 sports. GT baseball is stuck in the lame duck years now with DH and it's hard to follow these days. I was hoping somehow we could pull out one win at Clemp, but of course we don't and got swept not only in baseball but football and basketball as well.......
This will not change until after Halls sons have graduated

If Danny Hall were a stock, I'd sold him a long time ago. He has taken a proud and dominate baseball program and made them irrelevant. He consistently plays below. 500 in conference play. He now has fighting just to get in the acc tournament. No doubt he has had a great run at Tech, but the key word is had not having. Yes I'm in the camp of asking for a change. I miss the days of being in the top 10 yearly and having a legitimate chance hosting a regional and super and at going to Omaha.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
It seems like that very often, a players best year is his freshman season and the teams best game is the first one of the year. We have had a few players develop, but have had many (Kel Johnson) who have gone the other way.

Deleted member 2897

Dumpster fire season: good early call

I have never been more optimistic about football and basketball at anytime during the last say 20-25 years. So no, I still don’t agree with you. On baseball, I think we are close - I don’t think he will, but I’d love CDH to retire so we can give him a proper going away. He is a legend, but I just think like Bobby Bowden his time has come. All 3 sports (and others) have bright futures.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Football to be is TBD. I have always liked CPJ, but cannot argue that the results since he got his own players have been...less than stellar. But i give him credit for continuing to tinker and try different things, as he has this year with the change in defensive philosophy. I like it, but the results are still uncertain.

Basketball I think is definitely on the upswing. Better players on the way. Coaching has obviously improved the play of some of the guys. I expect to get back to the NCAA's in the next 1-2 seasons.

Baseball remains a disaster. And will until we make a change.

But, hey, we're a Women's Tennis School!!! (Go Jackettes!!)

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This season hasn't been great but it's not even close to a dumpster fire...

3cpAS6L.jpg

GTfan1977

Banned
in case any of you forgot let me give you a recap:
Football- losing record , no bowl game
Basketball: Coach makes National news for a weird sex/improper benefits scandal/ another coach is fired for some illegal activity; no post season play
Baseball: looking like a very very slim chance we even make a regional baring a miracle run
Golf: #4 ranked Team and cant even advance out of a regional to make the final top 30 Teams.

This has to be the worst overall season of men sports in the big four sports in many decades. Comical how bad this year has been, losing to Tennessee on Labor Day pretty much summed up our entire year for all sports combined, sheeeesh what a year to forget