Looks like we will complete the trifecta this year

GTfan1977

Banned
for a complete dumpster fire year in the big three sports. No bowl game, embarrassing basketball team on and off the court and CDH has us stuck in the mud as usual with another disappointing baseball season. This has to be one of the most forgettable years in decades for football, basketball, and baseball in the same year. We are stuck in the bottom third of all three sports this year.....and don’t give me that optimistic approach for baseball team this year saying the season is young let’s see how it plays out....we all know we will not win a regional and CDH has been at the helm about a half a decade too long already.

Please tell me next year has some sort of hope, it truly seems like GT is a dumpster fire program now in the big three sports, truly sad and hard to follow these days

THWG

Helluva Engineer
for a complete dumpster fire year in the big three sports. No bowl game, embarrassing basketball team on and off the court and CDH has us stuck in the mud as usual with another disappointing baseball season. This has to be one of the most forgettable years in decades for football, basketball, and baseball in the same year. We are stuck in the bottom third of all three sports this year.....and don’t give me that optimistic approach for baseball team this year saying the season is young let’s see how it plays out....we all know we will not win a regional and CDH has been at the helm about a half a decade too long already.

Please tell me next year has some sort of hope, it truly seems like GT is a dumpster fire program now in the big three sports, truly sad and hard to follow these days
Wow, 2 games in and you're already calling the baseball season a disappointment? Congrats on the worst fan of the year award.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

The baseball season is young... let's see how it plays out.

I have very little love for Danny Hall, but wow, the season is just starting and you've already written the team off? It may indeed turn into the apparently annual dumpster fire for the team, but at least give them a chance.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Wow you've given up this early?:mad::rolleyes::banghead:

GTfan1977

Banned
Because they don't know how sports work.

If you have followed GT baseball for the last ten years then its not that hard to figure out Danny Hall will once again lead us to bottom third of conference and miss a regional again , if by some small miracle we make a regional then just fold like a lawn chair to the SEC team hosting the regional.
If you think the season plays out any different then I must say you don’t know how GT baseball works and you are probably the type that thinks CDH is doing a good job as our HC,but what do I know?

GTfan1977

Banned
Wow, 2 games in and you're already calling the baseball season a disappointment? Congrats on the worst fan of the year award.

Really, you must not have followed GT baseball for more than a couple years?
Not that hard to see GT baseball is going NO where with DH at helm, i.e. Bobby Bowdens last years at FSU, Bobby Cremins last years at GT, Jack Leggets last years at Clemson. Danny Hall is taking this team no where this season and if you think differently then I have a bridge I want to sell you and please check back with me at the end of the season as I will be on par with Nostradamus in my prediction

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
If you have followed GT baseball for the last ten years then its not that hard to figure out Danny Hall will once again lead us to bottom third of conference and miss a regional again , if by some small miracle we make a regional then just fold like a lawn chair to the SEC team hosting the regional.
If you think the season plays out any different then I must say you don’t know how GT baseball works and you are probably the type that thinks CDH is doing a good job as our HC,but what do I know?

Given your "last ten years" parameter, GT has made the NCAA Baseball tournament 8 of those years, only missing in 2015 and 2017. He has also won the conference (either regular season or tournament) three times, most recently in 2014.

If your purpose is just to troll, then mission accomplished. If you honestly believe what you just wrote, then you might want to recheck the facts before you let anecdotal hyperbole drag you under...

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Not that hard to see GT baseball is going NO where with DH at helm, i.e. Bobby Bowdens last years at FSU, Bobby Cremins last years at GT, Jack Leggets last years at Clemson. Danny Hall is taking this team no where this season and if you think differently then I have a bridge I want to sell you and please check back with me at the end of the season as I will be on par with Nostradamus in my prediction

Yeah and in 2017 he fought injuries that decimated the pitching staff.

Could we maybe do with a change at coach? Maybe do we want to bother with it right now probably not.

GTfan1977

Banned
Given your "last ten years" parameter, GT has made the NCAA Baseball tournament 8 of those years, only missing in 2015 and 2017. He has also won the conference (either regular season or tournament) three times, most recently in 2014.

If your purpose is just to troll, then mission accomplished. If you honestly believe what you just wrote, then you might want to recheck the facts before you let anecdotal hyperbole drag you under...

Not trolling, how many regionals have we won the last decade? We used to win them regularly, now it’s not even a guarantee we make it to a regional and it’s a pipe dream to think we have a shot at Omaha anymore. Time for a change and if you disagree then you must have enjoyed Cremins last years at GT as well

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Yeah and in 2017 he fought injuries that decimated the pitching staff.

Could we maybe do with a change at coach? Maybe do we want to bother with it right now probably not.

I'm with you there. I am not an overly huge DHall fan, but he was hampered by a LOT of injuries last year, so I tend to have a little grace there. Also, he's been a heck of a recruiter, and landing talent hasn't really been a problem for us either. I do get frustrated that we never seem to maximize the talent and go on deep playoff runs, but I don't think we'll revert to 2017 again either...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Not trolling, how many regionals have we won the last decade?

Moving the goalposts. Your original quote was "If you have followed GT baseball for the last ten years then its not that hard to figure out Danny Hall will once again lead us to bottom third of conference and miss a regional again , if by some small miracle we make a regional then just fold like a lawn chair to the SEC team hosting the regional..."

If you want to argue that we don't win enough in the postseason, I can readily agree with you, but your assertion above was factually inaccurate. We are rarely in the bottom third of the conference, and we almost always make the NCAA tournament.

GTfan1977

Banned
Moving the goalposts. Your original quote was "If you have followed GT baseball for the last ten years then its not that hard to figure out Danny Hall will once again lead us to bottom third of conference and miss a regional again , if by some small miracle we make a regional then just fold like a lawn chair to the SEC team hosting the regional..."

If you want to argue that we don't win enough in the postseason, I can readily agree with you, but your assertion above was factually inaccurate. We are rarely in the bottom third of the conference, and we almost always make the NCAA tournament.

Ok, I should have clarified we are avg to better than avg most regular seasons but when tourney starts we sh*t the bed every time now and we used to do the opposite. I measure success by post season success and I believe we will have none of that as long as DH continues to be here

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Ok, I should have clarified we are avg to better than avg most regular seasons but when tourney starts we sh*t the bed every time now and we used to do the opposite. I measure success by post season success and I believe we will have none of that as long as DH continues to be here

Making the NCAA tournament at an 80% clip isn't average at all. It's extremely good. Your argument is really that we haven't moved beyond consistently good to great. That's an understandable argument. I'm not sure what you mean by "we used to do the opposite" as we've really only had a couple of deep postseason runs in our history.

I'd expound more on this, but you seem to be on a crusade here, so I am going to bow out of this debate, as I doubt that you're going to let facts get in your way.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I have followed GT baseball since 2000 (which is as far back as I can remember since I was 3). I didn't say that Hall was taking the team anywhere this year or that they will have done anything of significance by the end of the season. It just takes a crappy fan to give up on a team only 2 (now pretty much 3) games into the season. I won't pass judgement on how the year will go until 25 games into the season because as a Coach you know very little about your team in the first weekend.