Long Update Over On Rivals

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Good point. The why is important because a lot of guys want to second guess the coaching staff. If they knew the why, maybe they'd be less likely to armchair coordinate.

Me, I know the coaches have forgotten more football than I know and see the players every day, so I trust them to put the best guy out there.

I really don't need the details of "why". I always trust the guys whose jobs are on the line to put the best option on the field. If player X is starting over player Z, I always assume that X is outperforming Y no matter their respective years in the program, measurables, recruiting rankings, etc. In my job, I didn't put a lot of stock in "potential" or "more years of experience" or "type of degrees earned" or "college attended" or "outside community involvement" in any personnel decisions. I valued production over all. I have always assumed that the coaches do the same. And, the system is self correcting - the ones who do a poor job in recruiting and developing talent ultimately lose their jobs.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It's a safe bet that Tech should cruise fairly easily over Bowling Green on Sept. 29, so if getting Graham some gameday experience is a priority, better then than burning one of the "free four" redshirt games on a FCS opponent such as Alcorn State. Then, after Bowling Green, at least Graham would be available for three more games this season without losing his redshirt year.
The only safe bet with Georgia Tech football is that there is never a safe bet.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Just an FYI for anyone considering signing up for this, the absolute best way to do it is use one of those visa gift cards if you have a small balance left over. That way you can sign up for the 1 month without any worry about forgetting to cancel and ending up with a recurring charge you never wanted in the first place. In fact, you should save those cards with little to no balances for any type of “free one month trial” type deals. The more you know!

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Just an FYI for anyone considering signing up for this, the absolute best way to do it is use one of those visa gift cards if you have a small balance left over.

Wish I had thought of this. Signed up for one month to see if the content was worth it. Figured $10 was worth extra content for the preseason. Planned to immediately cancel the auto renew unless it blew me away.

It's next to impossible to cancel a membership with Rivals. You have to chat with an agent during West Coast business hours Waited forever to be connected with an agent. Had to provide a $***load of information to "verify my identity". Not at all confident my card won't be charged next month. Like trying to cancel membership at a bad gym...

Highly recommend NOT giving Rivals your business. Quinlan has some good info, but he needs to get on board with a decent outlet.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Wish I had thought of this. Signed up for one month to see if the content was worth it. Figured $10 was worth extra content for the preseason. Planned to immediately cancel the auto renew unless it blew me away.

It's next to impossible to cancel a membership with Rivals. You have to chat with an agent during West Coast business hours Waited forever to be connected with an agent. Had to provide a $***load of information to "verify my identity". Not at all confident my card won't be charged next month. Like trying to cancel membership at a bad gym...

Highly recommend NOT giving Rivals your business. Quinlan has some good info, but he needs to get on board with a decent outlet.

This is the main reason why I never signed up. Why cant I just send them a paypal (or some other method) amount for a year or 6 months. No way in hell they are getting my credit card number

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This is the main reason why I never signed up. Why cant I just send them a paypal (or some other method) amount for a year or 6 months. No way in hell they are getting my credit card number
For the same reason your cable and telephone companies want to bundle your services. Hard to unwrap the axle when telephone, cable and internet are on the same bill. But yes, I am one of those people now, and I expect any day for the cable to fail and the telephones to go silent and the internet to slow to a crawl. (And I thought Paul Johnson was negative.)