Locker room issues?

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with you. Those in charge have a responsibility to show effective leadership, but if the players are going rogue, those players have to be reeled in or sent on their way.
Your right the whole effort is to escape for a moment and have some fun with it!

slugboy

Staff member
Since a podcast kicked off this conversation (and I didn’t listen to the podcast), exactly how much locker room information was in the podcast?

What was the info?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
One source making innuendos and asking us to trust them.
IIRC the innuendos were somewhat confirmed by a couple of former players. What was the gripe being voiced in the locker room? Was it players unhappy with playing time or CPJ players and CGC recruited players giving each other crap or was it widespread unhappiness with coaches. Three win seasons are not fun and some guys might be letting their frustrations become a subject of locker room talk. Nothing was really clear about the reasons.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
IIRC the innuendos were somewhat confirmed by a couple of former players. What was the gripe being voiced in the locker room? Was it players unhappy with playing time or CPJ players and CGC recruited players giving each other crap or was it widespread unhappiness with coaches. Three win seasons are not fun and some guys might be letting their frustrations become a subject of locker room talk. Nothing was really clear about the reasons.

OTOH, in any randomly assembled group of human beings of over the quantity of 6 or 7, there are always the complainers, whiners and malcontents. Part of human nature. You can see it here as just one example.The key for a leader is to be able to determine how much is healthy and normal and how much is toxic and counter-productive. Not always the easiest of tasks.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea if the locker issue is true, if this is untrue, if it's being exaggerated or if it's dead-on. But I was thinking about scenarios where it might be boiling up after Year 3. Putting myself in the place of some of the older players (pre-CGC) or transfers, I could envision where some either bought into what CGC was selling initially but became disenchanted after 3 years of basically spinning their wheels and became more vocal about it. Another scenario could have been those that took a wait-and-see attitude and after 3 years decided they didn't like what they saw and started being more vocal about it. These guys are competitors, so I'm sure the frustration was bubbling up too.

This is pure speculation, with ZERO bases in fact. I was just running through various scenarios where it would bubble up in Year 3. I'm sure there are others and this may not be happening at all, so take it as nothing more than that, please.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I don't know. I mean I have toured the locker room before. It didn't seem to have any major issues during that time. But, they have since renovated it and done a ton of upgrades since CGC has taken over. I know it is not the best locker room in college football but I think it is pretty respectable and most players would love it, especially with all the amenities that it offers.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Video/Photos: GT Football Locker Room – Football — Georgia Tech Yellow  Jackets
Georgia Tech - Jack Porter
Project Insights - Georgia Tech University blog.hollman.com
Georgia Institute of Technology Football Locker Room | JE Dunn Construction
Georgia Tech's New Football Locker Room — UNISWAG
Video/Photos: GT Football Locker Room – Football — Georgia Tech Yellow  Jackets
Georgia Tech Women's Locker Room Renovations - DPR Construction
Georgia Institute of Technology Football Locker Room | JE Dunn Construction
Georgia Institute of Technology - Football Locker Room Spas -
Georgia Tech Football Locker Room - The Spark Awards
Georgia Tech Basketball Locker Rooms | GT | Georgia Institute of Technology  | Alexander Tharpe Fund
Georgia Tech Locker Room — Renée Malloy Ludlam
Georgia Institute of Technology | SLAM
Georgia Tech Locker Room — Renée Malloy Ludlam
Georgia Tech women's basketball unveils renovated locker room, team space |  Sports | gwinnettdailypost.com

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And if they were FORMER players then the problems may have left when they left 😊

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Interesting that a lot of older transfers became team captains. I always thought that was a bit odd that older players that had been in the program were not the team captains. Not sure that really says anything about team chemistry but it was not who I expected to be the team senior leaders.
Only matters in that permanent GT Team Captains have historically been elected after the regular season by their peers, NOT appointed by the coaches.

Individual games? A coaching reward for performance the previous week.

No idea if that's what had someone's panties in a wad, but any & all of this should have remained within the Locker Room. Hell, there are things from over 50 years ago I won't discuss on the internet because it was "Team Bidness," and none of anyone else's.

"What you see here, what you do here, what you hear here, let it stay here when you leave here.".... from some Locker Room somewhere, sometime.... actually Oak Ridge Natl Labs in WWII, but you get the idea

Now get off my lawn!

Last edited:

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I can think of a couple that were CJP players and are trying to hit the league. Ones mom is pretty vocal on Twitter. Hopefully this all cleaned up and we can move on. I'm hoping Griffin entering the portal and coming back worms for him as well. That was a large part due to reps.