Locker room issues?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
SHAM was closer to 400 than 300. HE was a big person. Most of our guys had to work hard and eat like crazy to make weight.
I just tried, without success, to find the great picture of Will Jackson - 6'3", 285 Will Jackson - riding Shamire piggyback. Will looked like a child in that pic, a child I tell you. Shamire was the biggest OL in Tech history; even Jon Carman wasn't that big. Wish we had another like him, but no such luck. We have a few who weigh almost as much as he did, but none of them are anywhere near as light on their feet.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Jon was 6'-9" and Shamire was 6'-7".
And Carman weighed in at about 350. Shamire was more like 360 - 70. And that was after fall camp. He often came in at closer to 380.

I had a great time at his first Clemson game. A Tigger fan was sitting next to me and asked for his specifics. (Shamire's back being about a foot higher in a four point stance then the rest of the OL had caught his attention.) When I told him, he was, shall we say, surprised.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I originally thought Jon was 6-9 but I checked his wiki first and it said 6-7. I guess she's shrunk like the rest of us. I think I'm down 1.5 inches.

Thanks, I was thinking Shaq Mason, for some reason
I remember the 1999 UG game and playing against two UG DTs that were 6'-6" and he was a good bit taller than those guys. When O'Leary talked about him, he described him as 6'-9" and 380#.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And yet you lambast them for not performing well at a position they were not recruited to handle.
“Lambast” is quite the exaggeration. I pointed out it was a good line. I pointed out they were Gailey recruits since so many people on here like to attribute CPJ’s initial success to Gailey. My point, which I am repeating for the 3rd time is that Tech struggles to get a dominant line regardless of the coach or who did the recruiting. I never said Gailey left the cupboard bare which is what the harpies on here like to say about CPJ.

No. I simply am trying to change the desperate CPJ bashing into a different question. LSU and Iowa both showed in 2008 and 2009 that even our better offensive lines are not dominant against stout defensive lines.

I would love to see an intelligent conversation about why this is. Other than 2014 we haven’t had a dominant line since Bobby Ross. Many good lines but few dominant.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You can be inflammatory about this if you want but I seriously doubt you really believe the OL wasn’t called out by CGC. You know it happened. I don’t know why you are so sensitive about this. Honestly.
I have to admit, I was trolling you guys a little (should have included an emoji), but I do stand by it. You know you're putting your interpretation on the words that came out of his mouth. Your interpretation is not necessarily accurate.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
If players distrust the staff to the point they do their own thing they should not be playing.

It’s up to the person in the leadership position to earn that trust. If this is true(and I don’t think we have any evidence other than he said she said), this would be just as much on the staff as any player.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It’s up to the person in the leadership position to earn that trust. If this is true(and I don’t think we have any evidence other than he said she said), this would be just as much on the staff as any player.
I agree with you. Those in charge have a responsibility to show effective leadership, but if the players are going rogue, those players have to be reeled in or sent on their way.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you. Those in charge have a responsibility to show effective leadership, but if the players are going rogue, those players have to be reeled in or sent on their way.

I agree, but the way this was framed seems like it was more than simply a few players going rogue. Again though, I don’t believe this at all. He said she said nonsense until proven otherwise. There are enough reasonable things to be critical of our staff without inventing drama.