Linebacker speed or lack of is an issue

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Fwiw, Brant Mitchell was elected a captain by the team and has been praised as a leader and player by his fellow players.

The suggestion that he is just being played out of "favoritism" is insulting and uncalled for, imo.

I don't think it's favoritism, I'm sure he probably knows the plays better than anyone except Rivera or something. He just seems a step slow a lot of the time, and just once I'd love to see him destroy the QB instead of flying right by him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, Brant Mitchell was elected a captain by the team and has been praised as a leader and player by his fellow players.

The suggestion that he is just being played out of "favoritism" is insulting and uncalled for, imo.
Just curious do we select captians in the same way as other teams. ? Seems like we are pretty hands off?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Whatever it is, it sure isn’t production.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow

He can win the popularity contest - that's fine. But you'd think at some point after he's just keeps whiffing on tackles multiple times each game . . . somebody else might get a shot at starting.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I think when BJS gets it going Brant won't be starting. Just my opinion. I think it'll be Curry and BJS inside. Mitchell will still play since we rotate a lot, but those other two will be the main guys because they run side to side better.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Swilling to Jack with Jaquon, Vic and BM at Mike, Curry and Quez at Will. Stinger and safeties seem pretty set but we got exposed in the middle last week.

I cringe hearing "bruce is a great athlete", looking at bruce's stat line from last year and others'... line and then imagining what the number of snaps/denominator is for those lines.