Let's compare coaches, just for fun !

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I’m pretty tired of the excuses. Especially from CPJ. Who gives a crap that we have scored the most points against USF than any of their other FCS opponents? I care about having more points on the board when the clock strikes zero. This just shows that the guy only cares about his offense the fact that he is highlighting how many points it put up like that’s some sort of accomplishment.

No coach. It isn’t. It didnt get us win.

The suggestion that CPJ only cares about the offense and is happy when we lose so long as the offense puts up a lot of points is beyond ridiculous and laughable. He is coach, so the buck stops with him -- that includes offense, defense, special teams, and recruiting. He acknowledges this all the time and would be the first one to tell you that none of it has been good enough this year or last. Pretty much all he has said about the offensive performance against USF is that he thinks it provides a sign that the offense still has a chance to improve and be decent this season. Not any of the other crud you read into his comments about how that is good enough or some sort of accomplishment he is proud of.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, if you want to think about a QB transferring in later this year the one to think about may be Jalen Hurts at AL. He has decided to stay there through the semester. Word is he is on schedule to graduate in Dec so if he stays and graduates he could transfer anywhere as a Grad Transfer and play immediately.

Hurts and Lane Kiffen have a really good relationship. Kiffen built the 'Bama offense around Hurts's talent when he was thee. It was rumored that Hurts was going to transfer over the summer to FAU to play for Kiffen, but he was close to graduating. I'd put the chances high that FAU would be the destination.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Perhaps when we won 32 of 35 between 1908 and 1973, or 4 in a row from 1997-2000, or 8 out of 12 from 2004 to 2014 they didn't like it very much ;)

I chatted with several different groups of Clemson fans at my hotel and in some pubs & bars Friday and Saturday before the game. As always, I enjoy that group as a general rule. Most were expecting to win of course but had some trepidation due to playing in ATL and the history of this series. Their fans certainly see it as a rivalry and like we do, a rivalry that is much friendlier than the one with the in-state rival. Most of them (Clemson fans) seemed very interested in CPJ and how our fan base was reacting to our recent downturn in fortune.