Leading Candidate for Ga Tech President

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I had Virgil in a structures class. I didn't think he was too bad. The worst I had was a Cuban accounting professor and a TA from Turkey trying to teach me an upper calc class. Couldn't understand a thing either one said.
What do words have to do with math?

LibertyTurns

Banned
I had them both. Chin gave me one of my only two C’s at Tech. Met with him at midterm about dropping and he said No, stay and let me shaft you.
Hyland Chen, I gratefully earned 2 C’s despite having F’s going into each final. He contributed significantly to advancements in prosthetics. A real **** no doubt but equaled by his contribution to orthopedic and cardiovascular biomechanics.

CPA65

Georgia Tech Fan
I had easy A Ray......history or Poly Sci....something like that. His tests mirrored his study guide which mirrored the word files all the frats had.

In 1962 or so there was a most difficult math prof named Wray. I remember because he noted on the last exam paper of my friend, named Ray, that he was the best student he had ever taught. Ray just knew everythng. I am sure he was very close to 1,600 o the SAT.

Animal02

Banned
I had Virgil in a structures class. I didn't think he was too bad. The worst I had was a Cuban accounting professor and a TA from Turkey trying to teach me an upper calc class. Couldn't understand a thing either one said.
I had him as well.....AE profs hated architects.....failed his class miserably. Retook it the following quarter with a Arch prof......didn't learn anything "new" and got a B. Had a chinese prof for Statics......took him 15 minutes to pronounce parawellagwam. :D

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
I had him as well.....AE profs hated architects.....failed his class miserably. Retook it the following quarter with a Arch prof......didn't learn anything "new" and got a B. Had a chinese prof for Statics......took him 15 minutes to pronounce parawellagwam. :D

I wonder how long it'll take you to pronounce a word in mandarin ;)

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
Hyland Chen, I gratefully earned 2 C’s despite having F’s going into each final. He contributed significantly to advancements in prosthetics. A real **** no doubt but equaled by his contribution to orthopedic and cardiovascular biomechanics.
I also had Dr. Chen for 2308. One of the 2 D's I made at Tech, and I wanted to kiss him afterward because I deserved an F.

neverquit

Georgia Tech Fan
I also took statics from Dr. Hyland Chen (twice, as a matter of fact). One of my most noteworthy accomplishments at Tech was my C average for that class.

LibertyTurns

Banned
must be a good basketball guy considering the number of years they had Hewitt during his tenure at GMU.
Let’s hope he had nothing to do with the hiring. Or does that mean he’s another President that would not give a crap?

I think someone needs to ask him if he’s normally found in the stands or the library during football games? How many basketball and baseball games did he go to as an undergrad? Does he drink soda, wine, etc or beer & whiskey? Has he ever stolen a T on the GT campus? Humped a keg up a hill? What was his favorite road trip? How close has he ever come to being arrested as part of a prank or otherwise? Would he rather be tortured or watch GT lose to the mutts?

I’m sure there’s others worth asking.

GT_EE78

Banned
Let’s hope he had nothing to do with the hiring. Or does that mean he’s another President that would not give a crap?

I think someone needs to ask him if he’s normally found in the stands or the library during football games? How many basketball and baseball games did he go to as an undergrad? Does he drink soda, wine, etc or beer & whiskey? Has he ever stolen a T on the GT campus? Humped a keg up a hill? What was his favorite road trip? How close has he ever come to being arrested as part of a prank or otherwise? Would he rather be tortured or watch GT lose to the mutts?

I’m sure there’s others worth asking.
lo0ks like hewitt was hired the year before our angel arrived and was employed there for four yr. Good questions all.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck

I had the same guy for Accounting. I think Abril was his name. Pronounced "Journal Entry" as "Urinal Entry".

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Fwiw, it wasn't different for AE's. It was just every class.

Still, I have to say that the dreams about calculating loads through trusses went away after 15 years or so.