Leading Candidate for Ga Tech President

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Browsed the family Twitter pages just to see if there was any support for athletics in there. His son retweeted the GTAthletics post about the 2020 initiative but that was all I saw for him, and he had retweeted a couple sports-related things from George Mason himself. They were actually considering building a football program at GMU and he was integral in that, but from what I could tell, it looked to be a cost issue.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Pretty much nothing but negativity in the /r/gatech Reddit thread on this guy. Seems like most were hoping we could bring Gary May back to GT as president.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know anything about him but couldn’t be worse in athletic apathy than our past two. IMHO
Towards Gtaa under Peterson
Hill has been passive - don't hurt / don't give extra effort - smile for photo.
Hill needs to be aggressive- in background and in public with extra mile like effort.

I think we need to do a lot better than the last 2.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Pretty much nothing but negativity in the /r/gatech Reddit thread on this guy. Seems like most were hoping we could bring Gary May back to GT as president.

After browsing the reddit threads, it seems like there are some legitimate corruption concerns around GMU, but also a lot of individuals arguing Federal politics (their law school hired Kavanaugh and has Koch funding for instance)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
They have some jackhole billionaire donor driving that. Also UH is a joke school academically, come on.
150,000 living gt alumni average 75$ per year
The endowment is going up, research is up, attendance is up , and gtaa is near bottom in donations (acc).

Cam

Helluva Engineer
A lot were hoping for Gary May but he already has a pretty good gig. I know nothing of el pato, but it seems that the vocal opposition in the Reddit thread is that he is not liberal
After browsing the reddit threads, it seems like there are some legitimate corruption concerns around GMU, but also a lot of individuals arguing Federal politics (their law school hired Kavanaugh and has Koch funding for instance)
Having been a part of the student body the last 8 years, I can testify that the major concerns around campus have been the toxic culture, poor student mental health (and limited resources to help), and the lack of true teachers (not professors just there to do research). Peterson did little to fix those. I think that's a reason why people wanted May, he seemed to genuinely care about the students. The GMU students who voiced their opinions in that thread seem to be glad to be rid of Cabrera because he did little to actually help the students. But we'll see how it turns out. I just find it odd that we plucked a guy from GMU, which shares very little in common with GT.

Milwaukee

Banned
Having been a part of the student body the last 8 years, I can testify that the major concerns around campus have been the toxic culture, poor student mental health (and limited resources to help), and the lack of true teachers (not professors just there to do research). Peterson did little to fix those. I think that's a reason why people wanted May, he seemed to genuinely care about the students. The GMU students who voiced their opinions in that thread seem to be glad to be rid of Cabrera because he did little to actually help the students. But we'll see how it turns out. I just find it odd that we plucked a guy from GMU, which shares very little in common with GT.

Not trying to be a di** but why do you need "strong" mental health support to support you on campus when you are in college? How old are you?

I went to college in the early 2000s so maybe I'm just old?