Leading Candidate for Ga Tech President

In 1965 2nd floor in Howell - 2 doors down we found a quiet kid under his bed chasing arc tangents. He went home and we heard he entered southern tech. Steamboat fulton FFFFF.

During winter finals the steam radiators heaters would not shut off so we had the windows to the quadrangle towards back of Brittan dining hall . Some guy hollered a cuse word and for 10 minutes there was an ever building crescendo as we all screamed. I found myself most satisfied shen i screamed " to hell w ga" .

There was lots of national stress in late 60's - desegregation, nuke threat, vietnam, assainstions, riots, etc added to personal issues and gt shaft culture impacted me in many ways.

I have found that cheering for the White and Gold at BDS was the best stress reliever.
WOW. Steamboat Fulton. That's a name I haven't heard in years. Fortunately, I never had him for a class.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
WOW. Steamboat Fulton. That's a name I haven't heard in years. Fortunately, I never had him for a class.
Yea, i had him and busted his A. Had advanced math in h school w 3 other guys - they went to m.i.t. , cal tech and Ressler. They were brainy .
I alrady had calculus and got some old tests from sigma nu. Worked my *** off.

With a little smoother delivery he could have been a great prof. In a way he was. I stll remember that stuff 50 years later.

U may remember Dr Ness in math. His son tried tech but dropped out. Became a stump grinding contractor, sold his business, bouth a condo next to us, bought a condo for his dad and mom.

Good times talking w dr ness. Out Tech profs do AMAZING work thru the research department.

Yea, i had him and busted his A. Had advanced math in h school w 3 other guys - they went to m.i.t. , cal tech and Ressler. They were brainy .
I alrady had calculus and got some old tests from sigma nu. Worked my *** off.

With a little smoother delivery he could have been a great prof. In a way he was. I stll remember that stuff 50 years later.

U may remember Dr Ness in math. His son tried tech but dropped out. Became a stump grinding contractor, sold his business, bouth a condo next to us, bought a condo for his dad and mom.

Good times talking w dr ness. Out Tech profs do AMAZING work thru the research department.
Ness sounds familiar. I think I might have had him. I sorta lucked out in chemistry. I had advanced chemistry in HS, and it was good enough for me to take an exam and exempt the first quart of chemistry at Tech. My chem prof was Dr. Spicer, and he was great.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
In 1965 2nd floor in Howell - 2 doors down we found a quiet kid under his bed chasing arc tangents. He went home and we heard he entered southern tech. Steamboat fulton FFFFF.

During winter finals the steam radiators heaters would not shut off so we had the windows to the quadrangle towards back of Brittan dining hall . Some guy hollered a cuse word and for 10 minutes there was an ever building crescendo as we all screamed. I found myself most satisfied shen i screamed " to hell w ga" .

There was lots of national stress in late 60's - desegregation, nuke threat, vietnam, assainstions, riots, etc added to personal issues and gt shaft culture impacted me in many ways.

I have found that cheering for the White and Gold at BDS was the best stress reliever.

Honest to goodness, I heard the stories about that kid you referenced. But I was never able to talk to anyone who could verify it. So it is true? Holy crap.

“Steamboat” Fulton! Professor Eischenbrenner (sp?) he wasn’t.

slugboy

Staff member
"Killer" Kane and Dr Chin (the bamboo shaft) were a couple of names I remember.

I had Cain several times (different classes). He was much friendlier once you got past freshman/sophomore level stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The annual Presidents Dinner is coming up in a couple of weeks. Should we expect the new president to be announced by then or at the event.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Never had Virgil Smith. Did he have a nickname or was none required in his case?

I’m glad the snowflakes aren’t freaking out over digging up old bad memories.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
They weren't necessarily bad professors, although most of them probably were. Sometimes the nicknames were given because the profs were hard as hell.
There are some profs that skim the surface of their subject for the full quarter. Some skim the first half (not knowing/ caring ) the students are half way getting the basics. Those that are shaft profs then shift into deep dive there subjects. The gifted students get it and the rest work very hard for a passing grade. Its almost like rather than teach they are trying to find potential grad students .

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Never had Virgil Smith. Did he have a nickname or was none required in his case?

I’m glad the snowflakes aren’t freaking out over digging up old bad memories.
I had Virgil in a structures class. I didn't think he was too bad. The worst I had was a Cuban accounting professor and a TA from Turkey trying to teach me an upper calc class. Couldn't understand a thing either one said.