Latest bowl projections - Us vs. Missy State, Ole Miss, Mich St. or Wisconsin?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I hope we don't play MSU. My dad played football there and they're my second favorites team (I call the the "Good Dogs"). I also think they are a better team then the other suspects. Me for Wisconsin. That's be a great match and we can use the Mid-West exposure for recruiting.

Animal02

Banned
I don't totally understand how this works. This blog post on ESPN makes it seem like it won't be a Big Ten team in the Orange Bowl. So, Mississippi State?

That post is a month old.....much has changed.

This from Wiki....
The Atlantic Coast Conference is locked into a 12 year deal with the Orange Bowl, so if the ACC champion qualifies for the playoffs in a year when the Orange is not a semifinal host, the next-highest ranked ACC team will play in the Orange. If the ACC champ makes an Orange Bowl semifinal, then the league’s No. 2 team heads to an access bowl. For the secondary tie-ins: The Southeastern Conference and the Big Ten Conference are guaranteed three appearances each, and the University of Notre Dame can play in a maximum of two games, but is not guaranteed any appearances. The ACC team's opponent in a given year will be the highest-ranked available team from the SEC, B1G (this always excludes the SEC and Big Ten champions. If an SEC or Big Ten team—or teams—qualify for the College Football Playoff, the next available team would also be excluded from participating in the Orange Bowl due to contractual obligations with the Sugar and Rose Bowls, respectively), and Notre Dame, subject to these constraints. Also, should this highest-ranked team create a rematch with the ACC team, the Orange Bowl has the option of passing over that team for the next-highest ranked team among the B1G, SEC, and Notre Dame, again subject to the above contractual constraints. The College Football Playoff committee's rankings will be used to select the ACC's opponent. The other four will be College Football Playoff berths. Also ESPN holds the television rights for the next 12 years as well.

I also found this on SBNation.....

The league (ACC) has a 12-year agreement with the Orange that guarantees three matchups against the SEC, three against the Big Ten and no more than two against Notre Dame. When the Big Ten has a team in the Orange Bowl, the ACC will send a team to the Capital One Bowl.

I do not see how the B10 is excluded from the OB......If OSU were to lose. Wisc is the B10 Champ and OSU would drop below Mich State. That would make Mich State the highest ranked of the SEC/ B10/ND available. Since Mich State played in the Rose Bowl last year.....it would not be playing in the same region either.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Interesting article......
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index..._p.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Another "what if"........Tech win or lose goes to the OB.....Bama loses to Mizzou....they would drop out of the top 4, not be a conference champ.....and likely stay ahead of MSU in the polls......that would put them in the OB.
If they play State I'm going to Miami with a group of Spartan buddies for the game. They travel to every MSU bowl game. For the sake of having to listen to them talk smack forever this is one game we can not lose.

Animal02

Banned
If they play State I'm going to Miami with a group of Spartan buddies for the game. They travel to every MSU bowl game. For the sake of having to listen to them talk smack forever this is one game we can not lose.

If Tech plays MSU......will have to talk my wife into going.......it will be a long trip back for one of us.

Animal02

Banned
We need to have our own tailgate or a game watch party here in Michigan. Lol
The new re-minted alumni club had one for the Clemp game.......somewhere in Troy......it is tough for me to trade the big big screen in my family room for a bar screen somewhere ;)
Plus I don't have to worry about how much I drink. :whistle:

But e definitely need to caravan down to ND next year.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Why would we go to the Orange Bowl if we beat Florida St? Wouldn't Florida St be the highest ranked team if we beat them?

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would we go to the Orange Bowl if we beat Florida St? Wouldn't Florida St be the highest ranked team if we beat them?

We would be acc champs. The acc champ goes to the orange unless they go to the playoff. In that case the second best team goes.