Latest bowl projections - Us vs. Missy State, Ole Miss, Mich St. or Wisconsin?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I think we'd do well against Oregon. They still haven't learned to play D in any realistic sense.

Still, I agree that we should play one of the others for program reasons; we've never done all that well recruiting the Pac coast. Except for Gotsis, that is.

I would much rather play Mich State or Wisconsin than any SEC team. Much more national recognition by playing somebody from the Big 10. And a win against a Big 10 team would do more for us in the long and short runs than a win over an SEC team.....IMHO

yjack

Jolly Good Fellow
Might as well discount the CBS Sports projections because they didn't follow the protocol for placing teams in the "access" bowls (Cotton, Fiesta, and Peach). Hard explain, but if Alabama is among the playoff teams then there should be a replacement SEC team displaced from the Sugar to an access bowl. And that is done before determining the ACC opponent in the Orange.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm just happy to be going to any bowl after being left for road kill and expected to be no higher than next to last in the Coastal. These talking heads know so little when it comes down to it, but it sure makes the season just that much sweeter proving them all wrong with a High School Offense powered by a real team of great players.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I would love to play Oregon. I hate the PAC XII love this season by the CFP Committee. Oregon is the only team with a marquee Out of conference win and it came against Michigan State.

I see the Pac XII love as nothing more than overcompensation for "East Coast Bias." yes the Pac XII has a lot of Power 5 wins, but 3 of them came against Notre Dame, and the others are against Illinois, Northwestern, a .500 Texas team, a terrible Michigan team, etc.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I want to play Mississippi State and de-pants them. They are the most overrated team all year to me. Played no one outside of their vaunted SEC West division.

I tend to agree. I have seen them a couple of times and have not been impressed. they don't do much on offense.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I would love to play Oregon. I hate the PAC XII love this season by the CFP Committee. Oregon is the only team with a marquee Out of conference win and it came against Michigan State.

I see the Pac XII love as nothing more than overcompensation for "East Coast Bias." yes the Pac XII has a lot of Power 5 wins, but 3 of them came against Notre Dame, and the others are against Illinois, Northwestern, a .500 Texas team, a terrible Michigan team, etc.
Couldn’t agree more. Most overrated conference in the entire country. I’ll give them Oregon but not the rest and just because Rich Rod seems to have Oregon’s number doesn’t mean Arizona is a Top 10 team.