Kyle Efford is a playmaker!

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Very subtle...... People will notice.

Pew Pew Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ll admit. I wasn’t high of Efford to start this season. He seemed like a David Curry 2.0. Extreme intelligence and IQ. But physical abilities lagged behind mental abilities.

I’m happy to say he’s proved me wrong. He has even more time on the flats. And with some more strength and speed conditioning, I don’t have many doubts he could be the next big LB for us for a while.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
What I would like to ask is why at start of season Efford didn't play more is he is that good. DEf coach?
Efford has said the game has slowed down for him as the season progressed. LB is about being in the right place at the right time, so you have to know your assignments to play fast. Hard to do as a young guy.

When you see a tr-fr LB come in and excel that's really rare. As a RS-fr to get to this point by the end of the season is outstanding.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I am just as high on Kyle but there was also a missed tackle or two that really cost us
Yes, one towards the end of the game. Blew thru a hole into the backfield but didn’t “breakdown” (as we were told) in hopes of blowing Edward’s up. Effords was left holding air and picking himself off the ground. Meanwhile Edwards got the first down after another 12 yard run instead of the dwags having to punt.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Efford will be a good LB for us. He's about 220 now, if you believe the depth chart. He can probably pack on 10 more pounds of muscle in the next year or so with the right training. We may have a 6'2" 230 lb. Mike LB next fall who has a nose for the ball and hits like a truck.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I was anxious to see how he would do when he signed with us. He has been every bit as good as I had hoped. He's tough and a good size for LB. His name should be EFFORT. He was involved in that Miami fumble. We need another one like him. Tatum has shown real flashes at times but a bit undersized. Need that third LB next year. Wish K. White had been able to play again this year. He would have really helped the D where we needed it. Wish Walton had stayed this year too.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
On a semi-related note, I wasn't super impressed with their 85-star linebackers. It's all about the dline. IOW, I know where my NIL $$ would be targeted in the portal....

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I hope we can keep Efford from going into the Transfer Portal.
What makes you think he would? He went from No minutes early season to starter minutes by season’s end. He seems set at GT. He would have no assurance of starting at most better programs.