Kyle Efford is a playmaker!

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
Wanted to give Kyle a shout out. Played a great game. I believe he led the team in tackles and often was firing into gaps like a missile. I like many others on here were excited to see what he could do. I am looking forward to seeing him be the man in our LB group for years to come.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
We definitely needed him to step up for this game and he definitely did!
And Tatum played his best game.
And Jaylon, another great game by my favorite defensive player.
I know we played a team with a limited offense but it's strength was against our weakest part of our defense. So proud of our players and congrats to Sherrer for having our D ready to play.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This was a good offense for "see the ball, get to the ball" type defenders. Syracuse didn't do anything exotic on offense. They put a hat on a hat, blocked their man, and let their playmakers make plays. I thought we could have done better on defense considering they weren't passing more than 10 yards down the field.

Efford has played well the past few games. We're starting to see him show up around the ball more.

Next week we'll see where our LBs really are. Brock Bowers has yet to be contained by any defense, UGA's line is REALLY good at getting to the second level to put their hat on a defender, and UGA's RBs are very good. UGA's defense gets a lot of headlines, but UGA's offense is elite. #5 OFEI heading into Tennessee game. This will easily be our defense's biggest challenge of the season. UNC was an elite offensive group, but UGA has weapons everywhere and their QB is probably going to end up being a high round draft pick when his UGA days are done.

Efford and our LB crew will be put to the test. Hopefully, our defense will play well the entire game like we have in spurts in different games.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
This was a good offense for "see the ball, get to the ball" type defenders. Syracuse didn't do anything exotic on offense. They put a hat on a hat, blocked their man, and let their playmakers make plays. I thought we could have done better on defense considering they weren't passing more than 10 yards down the field.

Efford has played well the past few games. We're starting to see him show up around the ball more.

Next week we'll see where our LBs really are. Brock Bowers has yet to be contained by any defense, UGA's line is REALLY good at getting to the second level to put their hat on a defender, and UGA's RBs are very good. UGA's defense gets a lot of headlines, but UGA's offense is elite. #5 OFEI heading into Tennessee game. This will easily be our defense's biggest challenge of the season. UNC was an elite offensive group, but UGA has weapons everywhere and their QB is probably going to end up being a high round draft pick when his UGA days are done.

Efford and our LB crew will be put to the test. Hopefully, our defense will play well the entire game like we have in spurts in different games.
"This will easily be our defense's biggest challenge of the season. " I completely agree with this. We will have to play our absolutely best game to even have a decent chance at an upset, IMO. Clemson is probably the closest comparison we have played this year , and we know how that turned out. Don't get me wrong, we are DEFINITELY getting much better, but at this time the Dwags are at another level. But that's why they play the game..........you never know.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

I watched a lot of the Tennessee game, Bowers and Beck have a lot of synergy going, they anticipate each other and their timing is spot-on. If we can play a press defense on Bowers and bump him at the LOS, it could really disrupt his route and Becks timing. There was a few times when the ball was in the air and Bowers hadn't even turned around yet. I believe this is a big reason they lead the country in 3rd down conversions. Bowers is good, no question, but if we can slow him down some we can get their offense off the field more often (or at all) ....

Jacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
I watched a lot of the Tennessee game, Bowers and Beck have a lot of synergy going, they anticipate each other and their timing is spot-on. If we can play a press defense on Bowers and bump him at the LOS, it could really disrupt his route and Becks timing. There was a few times when the ball was in the air and Bowers hadn't even turned around yet. I believe this is a big reason they lead the country in 3rd down conversions. Bowers is good, no question, but if we can slow him down some we can get their offense off the field more often (or at all) ....
Bowers is not the only receiver they have. McConkey is crazy good for his size for yards after the catch and there is also Lovett, Rosemy-Jacksaint, Thomas, and Delp. Bowers is great but they have others Beck can go to. It will be a big challenge.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Next week we'll see where our LBs really are. Brock Bowers has yet to be contained by any defense, UGA's line is REALLY good at getting to the second level to put their hat on a defender, and UGA's RBs are very good.
I have to admit I rarely follow college FB. I watch Tech games, read this board and that's about it. What is puzzling in that for the first time in maybe my lifetime, I cannot name a single Uga RB. I am aware of Bowers, Beck and McConkey however. Used to be, it was their tailbacks that got all the fame and glory and their QB's were there mainly to hand off and get out of the way of their OLine and RB's.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Yes we can't give Beck any additional time in the pocket. Perhaps our biggest flaw on D that ends up killing us is the clean pockets we have given QB's this year. If we give Beck clean pockets it will be an ugly first half. To his credit Coach Haircut won't let it get out of hand too much. It could be 35-7 at halftime.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I have to admit I rarely follow college FB. I watch Tech games, read this board and that's about it. What is puzzling in that for the first time in maybe my lifetime, I cannot name a single Uga RB. I am aware of Bowers, Beck and McConkey however. Used to be, it was their tailbacks that got all the fame and glory and their QB's were there mainly to hand off and get out of the way of their OLine and RB's.
There RB1 (Milton ?) could make us look real bad with multiple 15+ yard runs up the middle.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Bowers is not the only receiver they have. McConkey is crazy good for his size for yards after the catch and there is also Lovett, Rosemy-Jacksaint, Thomas, and Delp. Bowers is great but they have others Beck can go to. It will be a big challenge.
Bowers, McConkey, and Thomas all have varying degrees of injury at the moment. They are going to have to rely on backups some, although their backups are 4/5 star guys.