#KSUvsGT Postgame

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Very good game all around. No major coaching snafus. We found us a quarterback. Now it's on the Clemson - win there and we'll forget all about NIU.
If we win against Clemson, I will not say anything negative about this coaching staff the remainder of the season. I don’t think I will be muted.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Wow. This was the kind of game we needed and I’m so thankful we got it. There are only a small handful of games a year (well technically somewhere between 2 and 3 given how the season goes) so I value each of them. The performance today was what we needed and the reality is, despite how challenging next week likely will be, I think I can still see us making strides.

I can’t say enough how much I enjoyed watching the RBs pick up blitzing players. I was disappointed with the OL play but that was a highlight for me.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
giphy-1.gif

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I guess the guys that posted 50 pages last week will sit this one out.
Forgive me for being thankful for the win with no injuries but less than impressed with blowing out a team that was outclassed at every position and trying to play with a 3rd string quarterback. If the line would give Yates or Sims more time we could be competitive next week but that is not going to happen. The biggest issues facing this program going forward are the two lines especially the offensive line. They will both be tested next week for sure.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Accurate passer, more than adequate runner, and most all a quick and good decision-maker. Clemson will be the ultimate test.
Yeah the height challenge will be a problem for throws over the middle, but realistically I don’t see a lot of chances hitting Clemson there anyway.
I agree I would start Yates next week.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Yates earned the start against Clemson. Kid is well spoken, likeable, and a leader.

I hope Simms recovers soon and we get a good battle, but I'm happy with our guys.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Forgive me for being thankful for the win with no injuries but less than impressed with blowing out a team that was outclassed at every position and trying to play with a 3rd string quarterback. If the line would give Yates or Sims more time we could be competitive next week but that is not going to happen. The biggest issues facing this program going forward are the two lines especially the offensive line. They will both be tested next week for sure.
Really glad Cooper was able to return after going down in the first quarter. We need the big guy in there.

slugboy

Staff member
Yes, it was a lower division team, but
  • Yates has a ~78% completion rate
  • We can pass
  • McGowan looks great—he’s a gamer
  • Carter has some speed
  • We got into a backfield and caused some havoc. Domineck created a lot of havoc.
  • We had highlight plays
  • Charlie Thomas is having a great season so far
  • A tight end caught the ball

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Really glad Cooper was able to return after going down in the first quarter. We need the big guy in there.
If he is the one I am thinking about, he seems to have a history of getting hurt a lot. I am glad he seems to be OK again. God knows, Yates and Sims will need every lineman playing his absolute best next week.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I'd say we did just above the bare minimum. We won the game, and it was never really in question. But we played the starters the whole game - why no backups when we are up 4 scores? At the same time, the offense should have been blowing them out, but we didn't seem to have many plays over 20 yards. Stats say we were TFL 10 times, is that right? Didn't think they were in the backfield that much. Idk I'm a bit inebriated, I just know we won.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yes, it was a lower division team, but
  • Yates has a ~78% completion rate
  • We can pass
  • McGowan looks great—he’s a gamer
  • Carter has some speed
  • We got into a backfield and caused some havoc. Domineck created a lot of havoc.
  • We had highlight plays
  • Charlie Thomas is having a great season so far
  • A tight end caught the ball
We can argue this all day long but Charlie Thomas, for my money, is the best football player on that team. Gentlemen start your arguing.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I'd say we did just above the bare minimum. We won the game, and it was never really in question. But we played the starters the whole game - why no backups when we are up 4 scores? At the same time, the offense should have been blowing them out, but we didn't seem to have many plays over 20 yards. Stats say we were TFL 10 times, is that right? Didn't think they were in the backfield that much. Idk I'm a bit inebriated, I just know we won.

Starters need to learn to finish games. We will only go as far as they take us, so I got no problem with them getting the reps.