Korean Pop at Bobby Dodd

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
LOL. Sure you can. My parents said the same thing about my bands back in the 80's.

Long hair, tight pants and make up = girly men.

If you don't like the style of music then that's ok, but the KPop bands aren't dressing like girls. They are simply dressing like rock stars always have.

BTW, if you don't like the KISS comparison...

1278262.jpg
View attachment 8335
Oh wow, so sorry I triggered you lil fan buddy. Regardless, I said what I said.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Oh wow, so sorry I triggered you lil fan buddy. Regardless, I said what I said.

Oh I'm not triggered. Just amused at the hypocrisy today. You're just one of many people assumably my age who throw shade at the current music stars for honestly doing the same things our favorite singers did. I personally can't stand KPop, as I really don't get into the music style. My daughter, however, loves the stuff. I'm just not to the "get off my lawn" point yet...

Jmonty71

Banned
Oh I'm not triggered. Just amused at the hypocrisy today. You're just one of many people assumably my age who throw shade at the current music stars for honestly doing the same things our favorite singers did. I personally can't stand KPop, as I really don't get into the music style. My daughter, however, loves the stuff. I'm just not to the "get off my lawn" point yet...
Give it a few years... And you'll be scream get off my lawn, soon enough.... :) I'm about there, myself...

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
The de-masculinization of men in Korea touches all phases of life, and K-Pop is only the most visible example of it.
According to some, they are just rockstars... they want to post pics of KISS, Prince etc but they dont want to post the Kpop boys here.... because, you know.... demasculization and all....

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Rolling Stones concert in July that was part of their tour has also been postponed.

I believe in the past the GT AA has made abour $250K off one of these shows.

I don't expect to see any large scale concerts or festivals this year. Just too much risk for organizers in putting that many people in close quarters. Frankly, alot of entertainers - especially the ones that can fill a large space won't want to have concerts as the bad PR for them if any shows create outbreaks would not be worth it.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
They are still advertising the Stadium tour with Def Leppard and Motley Crue. Not sure how that’s gonna happen

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Honestly... all of them. But that doesn’t mean rock/pop stars of years past didn’t also look feminine.
Strange arguments on both sides tbh

AJ—the one where they are wearing lipstick and earrings. Oh that’s all of them.

In the first picture, at least 3 if not 3 and 1/2.

So wearing lipstick, which all actors, singers and stage performers do, and earings, which has been socially acceptable for men in the USA for a LONG time now makes someone look feminine? At least they're not wearing the lycra and spandex that my rock idols of the 70's and 80's donned...

All kidding aside, I responded because we are very quick to stereotype the newer music stars and excuse the same exact criticisms our favorite stars faced 'back in the day.' I see the same arguments put forward by my peers that they heard from people our age referring to the bands we grew up on. I find it incredibly amusing how we've become so much like the parents that we swore we'd be different than.

I'll hold as valid, however, any criticisms of the actual music as it's extremely formulaic and contrived and designed by professionals to have mass market appeal for the purpose of sales revenue. But then again, that idea isn't new either. After all, it was Paul McCartney of the Beatles who said: "John would be getting an extension on his house or something, and the joke used to be, 'Okay! Today let's write a swimming pool.' It was great motivation."

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
So wearing lipstick, which all actors, singers and stage performers do, and earings, which has been socially acceptable for men in the USA for a LONG time now makes someone look feminine? At least they're not wearing the lycra and spandex that my rock idols of the 70's and 80's donned...

All kidding aside, I responded because we are very quick to stereotype the newer music stars and excuse the same exact criticisms our favorite stars faced 'back in the day.' I see the same arguments put forward by my peers that they heard from people our age referring to the bands we grew up on. I find it incredibly amusing how we've become so much like the parents that we swore we'd be different than.

I'll hold as valid, however, any criticisms of the actual music as it's extremely formulaic and contrived and designed by professionals to have mass market appeal for the purpose of sales revenue. But then again, that idea isn't new either. After all, it was Paul McCartney of the Beatles who said: "John would be getting an extension on his house or something, and the joke used to be, 'Okay! Today let's write a swimming pool.' It was great motivation."
I couldn’t care less how someone dresses or if they wear make up or absolutely nothing at all. If that style pulls the girls in....GO FOR IT! The girls bring the by boys...

BTW-The Beatles wrote groundbreaking material. I haven’t listened to this band but that’s a reach to list the Beatles in a paragraph with formulaic and contrived.