King Injury Factual Updates

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
There’s a lot of postgame threads and one for the fake injuries but can we make one for reports on King?

Real insider intel and such, for however long this persists.

Really hope we’ve got him by ND.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I know. I felt like we pulled King due to a hand injury he had played most of the game with.
May be a shoulder the way he held it after a couple of throws. Had an upper arm injury in baseball and I could throw but then it ached for minutes afterward. Hurt like heck. Muscle might heal, structural may need surgery. Let's hope it's not bad. I thought it might be a hand injury at Duke game.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
King appeared to have an injury to his throwing hand last week against Dook that looked to affect his grip. He went off after a series early today with his throwing arm drooping. I thought, “Oh no, separated shoulder.” But he didn’t seem to be in much pain. Separated shoulders are excruciating. He continued to play for another 1.5 quarters but his arm was obviously not right.

I’m hoping for a bruised shoulder, and not a deep bruise. We play ND and VPI the next two weeks before another bye.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
King appeared to have an injury to his throwing hand last week against Dook that looked to affect his grip. He went off after a series early today with his throwing arm drooping. I thought, “Oh no, separated shoulder.” But he didn’t seem to be in much pain. Separated shoulders are excruciating. He continued to play for another 1.5 quarters but his arm was obviously not right.

I’m hoping for a bruised shoulder, and not a deep bruise. We play ND and VPI the next two weeks before another bye.
Tended to throw the ball high. Looked like he had trouble with his grip.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
If King is still being evaluated there at UNC then they might be doing an MRI there to check for any ligament damage. I hope everything is negative. This team will go as far as HK takes us. Philo will probably share snaps with ZP if HK can’t go.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Pyron is a winner. I have full confidence in him
This is the thing about Pyron. The man has pride and is a competitor. Is he the same kind of gunslinger type that King is at times? No, a different breed of cat but Notre Dame will regret it if they take him lightly. Pyron reminds me of what Bear Bryant said about his quarterback (Pat Trammell) before Joe Namath came along: Asked a reporter: Does he have a great arm? Bear: Nope Is he a good runner? Bear "Nope." Well, what can he do? Bear walking away: "Win ball games"

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Key wants toughness.
But would he play his qb with hurt shoulder of his throwing arm and have him run the ball against a not good unc team?

Surely any shoulder or concussion issue happened in unc game

Hope he only needs to just rub some dirt on it, do a long ice bath , a hot sauna, and a good night sleep

Nd can prep for king or a morecrun heavy pyron.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
This is the thing about Pyron. The man has pride and is a competitor. Is he the same kind of gunslinger type that King is at times? No, a different breed of cat but Notre Dame will regret it if they take him lightly. Pyron reminds me of what Bear Bryant said about his quarterback before Joe Namath came along: Asked a reporter: Does he have a great arm? Bear: Nope Is he a good runner? Bear Nope Well, what can he do? Bear walking away: "Win ball games"

If they let him loose and don’t treat him as a wildcat QB he gives us a great shot to win. Kid loves Ga. Tech could have transferred but stayed as the #2 guy. I wouldn’t choose another backup in the country that is seasoned, smart and loves the game