Ken’s AJC article on Patrick Suddes ...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Two GT athletes are posting otherwise. I trust them as I have the other former athletes who have been long critical of CPJ. I’ve since mostly fell back because he’s not here anymore but damn call a spade a spade. It’s not all on the damn AD either.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If CGC is successful in the short term, we might likely lose key assistants like Suddes, but that would be yet again an indication that CGC has put together a stellar staff. We can't be afraid of success to the point we overworry about staff longevity.

(Not saying you were making that point, but I've seen it brought up as a negative)
This staff not organized based as a retirement village. Our old scheme required special knowledge and to get staff we needed to give and get long term commitment . Now we have a vast pool of coaches to fill our needs.

Cgc says we are headed to be considered in the elite of football. This staff would all like to be there when we show elite on field, however , we will first have to get to semi elite (vt) . At that time we will have to make some very hard decisions on each of the staff.
The decision is can they get us to elite? If no, giving them a big them a raise would be a mistake for both of us. We should let them quietly quit and replace them with a more expensive upgrade w have already found. If a yes, then big pay raise and lots of pr so they can someday get a better job.

Always being seen as genuinely trying to help your staff get a better job, makes getting better staff a lot easier. I think cgc and coach are both that type of guy.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Hiring people like Suddes whose assignment includes using such tools costs money.

Let’s be real, Suddes is Andy Lutz with a rebranded title. How many post do you even remember from Lutz? It is ok to defend on-field things from the past regime , these rudimentary things we are doing don’t cost a thing and that’s coming from people inside as well

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This staff not organized based as a retirement village. Our old scheme required special knowledge and to get staff we needed to give and get long term commitment . Now we have a vast pool of coaches to fill our needs.

Cgc says we are headed to be considered in the elite of football. This staff would all like to be there when we show elite on field, however , we will first have to get to semi elite (vt) . At that time we will have to make some very hard decisions on each of the staff.
The decision is can they get us to elite? If no, giving them a big them a raise would be a mistake for both of us. We should let them quietly quit and replace them with a more expensive upgrade w have already found. If a yes, then big pay raise and lots of pr so they can someday get a better job.

Always being seen as genuinely trying to help your staff get a better job, makes getting better staff a lot easier. I think cgc and coach are both that type of guy.

I agree. If we lose staff to promotions, it means we're doing something right.

I’m sure they are some, but not nearly as many as I’m sure you would hope. To answer your question whenever the criticism isn’t fair I support CPJ. #LegendsofTheFlats
I would be willing to bet you that there are far more former CPJ athletes who would jump to his defense than the few you choose to believe who apparently didn't like him.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Hiring people like Suddes whose assignment includes using such tools costs money.

It doesn't cost that much $$ to make posts on social media. Coach Collins is doing a ton of it himself. The previous coach could've found someone to do it for him, given his apparent distaste for it ,which I understand myself - I don't tweet, IG, nor FB. But it's unfortunately part of the job in the 21st century.

It doesn't cost that much $$ to make posts on social media. Coach Collins is doing a ton of it himself. The previous coach could've found someone to do it for him, given his apparent distaste for it ,which I understand myself - I don't tweet, IG, nor FB. But it's unfortunately part of the job in the 21st century.
And where was he supposed to get the money to pay for someone to do it for him?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What the crap has CGC accomplished?! He's good at Twitter?! He won 7 and 8 games at Temple?! Yet, you're identifying CPJ, who was a 3-time ACC Coach of the Year as "mediocrity" compared to the JUICE. Now, I do like what CGC is doing, I like the some of the staff hires especially, but to associate "defending mediocrity with people who are not ALREADY sold on this mythical huge leap in accomplishment of the CGC-era over the CPJ-era is asinine. Wins is what it's about! And, not compromising character in the process. We all hope CGC gets there, but we haven't even played a stinkin' game yet. And, we won't know anything for at least 2 or 3, maybe even 4 years.
Amen, brother! My sentiments exactly!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
STAFF FROM 2018 shifted to 2019

HC- Paul Johnson >> Geoff Collins

QB- Craig Candeto >> Dave Patenaude (also OC)

RB- Lamar Owens >>> Tashard Choice

WR- Buzz Preston >>> Kerry Dixon

OT- Ron West >>> Chris Wiesehan (also TE)

OL- Mike Sewak >>> Brent Key

DC/LB- Nate Woody >>> Andrew Thacker

DL- Jerome Riase >>> Larry Knight

LB- Andy McCollum >>> Marco Coleman (also DE)

S- Shiel Wood >>> Nate Burton (also co-DC)

CB- Joe Speed >>> Jeff Popovich

S&C- John Sisk >>> Lewis Caralla

Director of Applied Sciences- Ryan Horton

Player Development coach- Zach Reed (retained)

Player Development coach- Alex Derenthal >>> Gus Felder

Player Development coach- Chrus Turner >>> Pat Boyle (changed into football research and analytics)

Chief of Staff- Vince Sinagra

GA OFF- Errin Joe (retained)

GA OFF- Nick Newsome (retained)

GA DEF- Trey Money (retained)

GA DEF- Tyson Wachenheim (retained)

Quality Control- Paul Nichols >> Will Glover

Quality Control- Bryan Cook (retained)

Quality Control- Tim McGrath >>> Jason Semore

Staff Assistant- Rod Rook-Chungong (retained

DFO- Mike Huff >>> Scott Wallace

Assistant DFO- Kevin Cone (retained)

Director of Player Personnel- Andy Lutz >>> Patrick Suddes (re-branded as GM with expanded role)

Player Personnel Associate- Cody Moore (retained)

Player Personnel Associate- Tevin Washington (retained)

Player Personnel Associate- Paul Hamilton>> Joe Battaglia (re-branded as analyst offense)

Player Personnel Associate- Thomas Balkcom >>> VACANT

Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator- Brittany McCormick (retained)

Digital Content Coordinator- Ryan Wise (retained)

Director of on campus Recruiting- Sarah Woodruff>> Carina Hargreaves

Brand Manager- Santino Stancato

Equipment- Tom Conner (retained)

Assistant Equipment- Punt Windham (retained)

Video Operations- Todd McCarthy (retained)

Head Trainer- Mark Smith (retained)

Assistant Trainer- Eric Avila (retained)

Administrative Coordinator- Teri Anton

bold are new positions entirely.

+2 so far

So 2 person increase is all we needed to make us appear to be the program we SUPPOSE to be?

Yeah, ima call BS on that

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Player Development coach- Chrus Turner >>> Pat Boyle (changed into football research and analytics)

Director of Player Personnel- Andy Lutz >>> Patrick Suddes (re-branded as GM with expanded role)

Player Personnel Associate- Paul Hamilton>> Joe Battaglia (re-branded as analyst offense)

+2 so far

So 2 person increase is all we needed to make us appear to be the program we SUPPOSE to be?

You highlighted 3 guys. Also, I'd like to see a salary comparison. It's pretty obvious more more is being spent. Patenaude's gotta be gettin' a fatter check that Candeto. Same for Key.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I would be willing to bet you that there are far more former CPJ athletes who would jump to his defense than the few you choose to believe who apparently didn't like him.

The few? OK buddy.

You really think Collins hiring, the comments from Joe, Key, & Calvin come from no where huh?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

+2 so far

Didn't we also hire around four more to the recruiting staff in '18? Those aren't included here, are they?